Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious - what's the most miles people have got from a single charge? Do we have any 300m+ hyper-milers on the forum? 350? ....?

Less than a week to go before ours arrives... My patented 'grandad driving' has managed to squeeze just shy of 1000 miles from my 1.6 TDI Passat estate.... It was a dull, but satisfying drive - North Yorkshire to Cornwall and back, and then some! Be interesting to see if I can beat the 282 or whatever the e-Niro reckons it will give us!

Super Moderator
241 miles. You may be able to beat 300 when it warms up, but your speed woukd need to stay pretty low.

Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
I did a run from York to North Wales and back. 253 miles or so. However鈥 I set off at 90% planning to charge before returning but I decided not to. My return journey was super leisurely and the car reported 5.2 Mi/kWh that鈥檚 a range of well over 300 miles but it did mean being prepared to get overtaken by pretty much everything else.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a run from York to North Wales and back. 253 miles or so. However鈥 I set off at 90% planning to charge before returning but I decided not to. My return journey was super leisurely and the car reported 5.2 Mi/kWh that鈥檚 a range of well over 300 miles but it did mean being prepared to get overtaken by pretty much everything else.
That's impressive. Near York to the midlands and back in a day is going to be one of my frequent drives. It would be amazing to do that without a charge. The 1k miles in my ICE was driving very steady on the motorway - it was very stress free and to be honest, didn't take that much longer. Clever driving, reading ahead and being clever with junctions often reduces the difference between nailing it up to the next slow car to virtually nothing anyway. I save my fast driving for deserted B roads which are way more fun!

I have mamaged to give my wife range anxiety in the diesel though, by driving until the range hits 0 miles! o_O

I set myself a challenge of 320 miles by summer!

Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
Because EVs are so much more efficient than ICE you really notice the difference that speed and conditions make to power consumption. The Niro seems to have a sweet spot around 55 on the motorway. Whether it's practical or desirable to do that speed is another matter. On my late evening run home it didn't matter. I was in no rush and the roads were quiet so I didn't slow anyone else down. Then again in "normal" times on a fairly regular trip to Northamptonshire of about 170 miles I would average 50mph.

Registered
That's impressive. Near York to the midlands and back in a day is going to be one of my frequent drives. It would be amazing to do that without a charge. The 1k miles in my ICE was driving very steady on the motorway - it was very stress free and to be honest, didn't take that much longer. Clever driving, reading ahead and being clever with junctions often reduces the difference between nailing it up to the next slow car to virtually nothing anyway. I save my fast driving for deserted B roads which are way more fun!

I have mamaged to give my wife range anxiety in the diesel though, by driving until the range hits 0 miles! o_O

I set myself a challenge of 320 miles by summer!
I used to get over 70mpg in my Passat Diesel Saloon with lots of paperwork in the back but drive 60mph in motorways

Registered
Just curious - what's the most miles people have got from a single charge? Do we have any 300m+ hyper-milers on the forum? 350? ....?

Less than a week to go before ours arrives... My patented 'grandad driving' has managed to squeeze just shy of 1000 miles from my 1.6 TDI Passat estate.... It was a dull, but satisfying drive - North Yorkshire to Cornwall and back, and then some! Be interesting to see if I can beat the 282 or whatever the e-Niro reckons it will give us!
Never tried, but our best round trip was last July -- 220 miles, with 100 miles still on the GOM on return home -- 5 miles/kWh reported -- mostly main roads, as fast as traffic allowed, all in SPORT mode, including three spirited overtakes. Apart from speed, ambient temperature is the governing factor. As someone else mentions, 55mph on the clock is something of a sweet spot, in summer at least.

Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
My best so far was Monday Worcester to Wrexham and back 217 miles, 91miles on the GOM when I arrived home. Cruise control set at 57mph for 2/3rds of the journey. Very impressed. 13掳c and heavy rain storms on the way back.

I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.

I'd expect >1200 miles from a 1.6TDI.

I used to get >1100 commuting miles out of my 2000 1.9TDI Octavia. I'd hope things would have come on a bit ....

I've always managed to 'be able' to get >~6mi/kWh out of EVs. It's real tough getting much past that, and I'd doubt it's possible to do better on public roads.

Registered
312m on my Soul although I confess not over one trip, so last summer, did 310m from 100% charged to when I plugged it in - at that point it showed 3m left and was binging and bonging. Over 3 days that was.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to get >1100 commuting miles out of my 2000 1.9TDI Octavia
wow, that鈥檚 a lot! No way we could get that commuting, too hillly, junctionny and cornery! 700 miles per~53l was more our ball park.

We鈥檙e a long way from the motorway network, so the first and last say 15% of our miles probably consumed half the fuel.

Registered
We had a roughly 80 mile trip up to the coast and back yesterday. 5.5m/kWh, 350 theoretical on a full charge. Wouldn鈥檛 do it in M ways etc of course but generally driving around Norfolk in good weather, wouldn鈥檛 be surprised.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts