Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't yet have a pet name for our Ampera, but clearly lots of folks do. So, what's yours called?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Had to be Vamp.. because of those little pointy teeth on the lower spoiler...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
We called our Leaf "Charlotte", initially because the voice that comes out of it is very like Charlotte Green's. There were other reasons: I have a very good cycling pal named Charlotte, whose hair at one time matched the red colouring of our car. Another wag off our cycle forum made a derogatory remark about it resembling the cyclist Charlotte because both "thrived on battery power", but he was just being rude.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Mine is called Zoe much to the excitement of my daughter of the same name. Problem is her twin sister now wants the missus to have a car named after her. I'm thinking of renaming her eNV200 combi...

·
Registered
754 Posts
My nieces named my LEAF Casper a year or so because it was white, quiet and friendly to them. Last weekend they saw my Blue Outlander for the first time and decided it looked like a Billy but because it lived up in the hills they named it HillBilly.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm afraid mine is the blindingly obvious 'Sparky' :oops:

·
Registered
226 Posts
No names as such, I just refer to the fleet by their registration's last three letters.

So we have:

Oh-em-Dee
Oh-em-Pee
Oh-em-Eee
Oh-em-Ay
...for the LEAFs

then...

Pee-vee-Ex
Pee-vee-Doubleya
Pee-vee-Zed
Ex-aitch-Arr
Bee-en-Jay
...for the i-MiEV's.

Our buggy is called 'Bruce' though, and our departed i-MiEV was called 'Pervy'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The wife and her friend went shopping today in our new shiney black LEAF Tekna, when she came home asked can I name it Dolly ?

So Dolly it is,

longest journey so far, 70 miles round trip, she loves Dolly,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts