Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somebody had put some vinyl cut outs on the triangle alloy pieces on the OEM Aero wheels, and I liked it.

I also saw somebody had covered the thinner alloy pieces with some glossy black vinyl, which I also liked the look of.

I had some gloss black wrap left in the shed, and so a couple of minutes with a ruler and then a guillotine, and I had five pieces of wrap to stick on. The glossy black is quite a good match to the glossy paint.

This is the before and after, I’ve only done one wheel so far. Thoughts? Too Germanic?!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, I located some vinyl and in my enthusiasm I ordered 2m of 12" wide when all I needed was 278mm. (2x139, 139 being the length of a "spoke"). I don't how I did the miscalculation, must be something to do with age even though I have degree in mathematics!. Out of the 12" you can cut 12 pieces nominally 25mm wide (actually you top and toe them 24mm at one end 26mm at the other, the wide end going by the rim). If any one else is interested send me a couple of quid and I'll post you a piece!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts