Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Mine are deffo corroding away a bit. Wouldn't be hard to design something that's totally black & featureless, 3D printed, if you'ld like some? What do Vx charge for replacements?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for replacements because like yours they are going white under the clear covering layer. I had a look on eBay and they seem to be around £20 a set. Although I am searching for ones for the Ampera there is still the caveat that you need to check the diameter of the clips. I had thought of just trying to get chrome & black coloured badges/stickers and either try to fit them to the existing ones or have a go at printing some caps too in plain black with a flat face.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also interested in this (albeit for a Volt - so either Chevrolet or blank). Is it outside 59mm or 49mm though - seems to be a discrepancy above?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Looks like I need to print some. They'll be black, flat ended, and to make removal easier I'd put a circular hole through the middle, made of a donut shape removed from the plastic. You'll see 5 small holes in the face, to line up with the spokes, and these will all meet up inside. So you can poke some wire through to remove.
Any interest?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts