Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Mine are deffo corroding away a bit. Wouldn't be hard to design something that's totally black & featureless, 3D printed, if you'ld like some? What do Vx charge for replacements?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for replacements because like yours they are going white under the clear covering layer. I had a look on eBay and they seem to be around £20 a set. Although I am searching for ones for the Ampera there is still the caveat that you need to check the diameter of the clips. I had thought of just trying to get chrome & black coloured badges/stickers and either try to fit them to the existing ones or have a go at printing some caps too in plain black with a flat face.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Also interested in this (albeit for a Volt - so either Chevrolet or blank). Is it outside 59mm or 49mm though - seems to be a discrepancy above?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Looks like I need to print some. They'll be black, flat ended, and to make removal easier I'd put a circular hole through the middle, made of a donut shape removed from the plastic. You'll see 5 small holes in the face, to line up with the spokes, and these will all meet up inside. So you can poke some wire through to remove.
Any interest?

·
Registered
104 Posts
If I end up keeping my Ampera another year and I get the wheels refurbished, I may look into sanding off the lacquer, re-detailing and lacquering again. The pull towards a Tesla is strong though!

Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Would they do a bulk price first the "obsolete" Vauxhall ones as they are useless in the US. 32$ plus shipping and probably tax is a bit too much for me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Would they do a bulk price first the "obsolete" Vauxhall ones as they are useless in the US. 32$ plus shipping and probably tax is a bit too much for me.
Possibly worth trying?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I bought a set from Lookers on eBay - they cost approx. £30. Lookers were selling off a load of Ampera spares earlier this year - I also picked up a spare reflector for the boot lid and a new rubber extension piece that fits under the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Mine and I guess from the comments many others are in shabby condition so I'm up for a set, just how many are interested is the question.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'll pass on the offer thx. Am already experimenting with my own unique version that looks like nothing else on the planet! Here's the design. Actual item is glossy black, hard to take a pic of!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spiny, I just had my wheels refurbed (Superb job at Platinum Alloys Swindon - full acid dip and shot blast etc £344 inc) but the centres look awful - so I'm interested

1 - 20 of 21 Posts