Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I send back the car I need to get the wheels refurbed all 4 (yes I am crazy bad at parking)? Do I a call EVEZY or find someone local to do the job? Total guess but imagine local being much cheaper?

Any one got any experience of EVEZY vs local.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,528 Posts
Evezy, now ONTO don’t allow you to organise your own repairs. Your vehicle will be picked up and taken to a Gefco site where they will access the condition of the vehicle. Any repairs are done by them, and then you are charged cost price, so should be reasonable.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I thought I read some where that EVEZY told to someone to take your car to a local place of EVEZY choice and the cost was £120 for a single wheel. While you wait style.

Maybe that was in the early days when EVEZY were great. That is not a dig just of late their customer support has taken a hit.

Any idea of what this might cost £250, £500 or more?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Just get it done locally and don’t tell them?

Reactions: thomas day

·
3,528 Posts
I thought I read some where that EVEZY told to someone to take your car to a local place of EVEZY choice and the cost was £120 for a single wheel. While you wait style.

Maybe that was in the early days when EVEZY were great. That is not a dig just of late their customer support has taken a hit.

Any idea of what this might cost £250, £500 or more?
You’ve not kept up with the evolution of the company! Where have you been hiding? They now have so many vehicles that a lot of work has been farmed out to third parties. All vehicle preparation, deliveries, repairs etc is contracted out. When you ring select “new customer” if you want to speak to a member of the ONTO team. Otherwise you go through to a company called driveline.

True, back in the day I paid £240 for two alloys to be repaired on the M3P that I had for a month. (You’re not the only one who can’t parallel park without hitting the kerb!) In the end they didn’t do anything because the next customer was eager to receive the car and didn’t mind waiting for them to be repaired. For all I know, they could still be in the same state!

From what I’ve seen on the community forum, the charges for alloy repairs seem to be less than what we used to pay. Maybe because it’s done at cost. A certain amount of “damage” is considered fair wear and tear, so always question the charges before paying. Many have had the invoice reduced when they’ve challenged certain repairs. Take plenty of photos before you return the vehicle in case anything happens to it once it leaves your care.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, back in the day I paid £240 for two alloys to be repaired on the M3P that I had for a month. (You’re not the only one who can’t parallel park without hitting the kerb!) In the end they didn’t do anything because the next customer was eager to receive the car and didn’t mind waiting for them to be repaired. For all I know, they could still be in the same state!
I am confused? Are you saying back in the day they charged you £240 for 2 wheels and you are not sure if they had them fixed or passed along curbed to the next customer?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it 4 x 120 that is some serious wedge? Local company wants only £75 a wheel but if EVEZY won't allow me to do that then I won't.

·
3,528 Posts
I am confused? Are you saying back in the day they charged you £240 for 2 wheels and you are not sure if they had them fixed or passed along curbed to the next customer?
I was invoiced £240 for the repairs. The guy who had the M3P after me was on here and said he told them not to bother with the repairs as he wanted the car ASAP! They could do it later at his convenience. You remember how impatient we all were after waiting 5 months for the Performance models to arrive ;)

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
3,528 Posts
If it 4 x 120 that is some serious wedge? Local company wants only £75 a wheel but if EVEZY won't allow me to do that then I won't.
It seemed to be a standard £120 whatever degree of damage there was. Paid the same for a repair on a Zoe’s diamond cut alloy. As I said, Gefco seem reasonable so I shouldn’t think you’ll pay more than that local quote. When’s the car going back? Which wheels have you got!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Some folk love making a rod for their own back, eh. Bet you answer the door to the TV licence man too ;)

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
227 Posts
I quite quickly scuffed 3 of mine (my excuse is I previously had a pickup for towing ski boats around, which you can bounce off curbs all day long), a customer at work who owns a local body shop quoted me £40 per wheel but would need the car overnight. Now, call me paranoid, but my concern was that OnTo always know where their car is by it's tracking device and it's not beyond modern tech for them to have a bit of software that flags up if their car is at a body shop on google maps etc. I'm not suggesting they'd specifically do this for wheel scuffs as you could call out a man in a van, but certainly worth doing to protect their asset against users damaging the car and then trying to get it repaired locally, potentially sub standard, without going thru an OnTo authorised repairer. I decided not to risk it and just sort it out with OnTo at the end of my hire (chances are I'd only scuff them again anyhow). Events moved on when someone reversed into the car outside my house and whilst in OnTo's insurers authorised body shop (for 2 weeks) I got them to also sort the wheel rims and paid for it myself, it was £70 per rim. That seemed fair to me as they were an authorised OnTo body shop.

Reactions: E7EV
1 - 11 of 11 Posts