Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t need a rapid charge very often; even when things were a bit more normal I probably would only be making one journey a month that needed it, and obviously I’ve done far fewer in the past year, which is when EV ownership has picked up. I’ve only once, so far, turned up needing a charge to find all chargers in use or unavailable.

However, it’s probably more likely to happen now until the infrastructure really picks up so - is there a time when rapid chargers are more likely to be occupied? I’m assuming not so likely in the morning because people are setting off fully-charged, and most likely at lunchtime and in the evening rush hour, but that might be completely wrong?

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,004 Posts
I've found the chargers I use in Argyll & Midlothian are rarely occupied very early in the morning (pre 7am) - thanks to the tourists having a lie in I expect.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
THis might Help. Not sure it can be done for every charger location. But this is from the gridserve google search page :-

You can click on the day to see a typical profile for that day. Now is a tad busy (y)

Reactions: Sascha

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,004 Posts
The increase in chargers is finely balanced against the increase in EV, what will be a complete mess is bank holiday travel to the SW, and other holidays like Xmas.
Yep, good luck with that. Do what I do, set off at 4am and get to a journey charger if you have to, before the rest wake up from their charging nightmares....

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
For me, Friday is my return to Arran, with 3 charges. In winter Carnforth to Dumfries can get down to 8 miles remaining, but 2 x 2 Instavolt have worked fine. Time then to see if CPS work in Brodick.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,004 Posts
For me, Friday is my return to Arran, with 3 charges. In winter Carnforth to Dumfries can get down to 8 miles remaining, but 2 x 2 Instavolt have worked fine. Time then to see if CPS work in Brodick.
On the CPS live map, the AC charger is working but maybe not the DC ones. Also you seem to have inherited a charger from Coupar Angus. I expect its on its holidays.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,762 Posts
Have a look at the MOOVILITY app / website.

Each charger (or at least most of the ones with live data) has a chart showing a busyness "prognosis".

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Blairgowrie, 55-63 George St, yes it looks to be AWOL, had one holiday needing charging on Arran and Mull, which were both without fuss. Have a 16A commando now, which easily copes with 50 mile average weekly mileage.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
913 Posts
Have a look at the MOOVILITY app / website.

Each charger (or at least most of the ones with live data) has a chart showing a busyness "prognosis".
Interesting find. I've not seen it before. And, as you say, the chart shows popular times, just like Google Maps for stores etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts