Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh for God's sake donald. This is a bloody national emergency, or have you completely missed that bit. And you had the brass neck to call ME bonkers......

I am now firmly of the opinion that the sole reason you frequent this forum is to elicit reaction from others. You seem to get your jollies from it. I have yet to see a positive or constructive post from you. You seem to spent most of your time decrying and belittling the posts of others. What a sad individual.

That's me out of here. Bye...........

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Tescos today was a battlefield of angry people telling other angry people to keep 2m away

as I said earlier, I went out once last week on a 20min bike ride with my 10yr old along local bike path - far too many people

everyone out and about

JJ

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Tescos today was a battlefield of angry people telling other angry people to keep 2m away

as I said earlier, I went out once last week on a 20min bike ride with my 10yr old along local bike path - far too many people

everyone out and about

JJ
Don't they have queues outside keeping 2mtrs apart and limited numbers in the store?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Don't they have queues outside keeping 2mtrs apart and limited numbers in the store?
Yes. But inside you're on your own ... or rather, not on your own.
And though most people are being careful there are of course a few people being dicks and it doesn't take many of them to screw it all up.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Given the aisles are barely 2m wide, if I have to pass someone I take a deep breath and scoot past quickly.
If I need to be where/near they are I just heave-to a couple of metres away and wait.
If it's a staff member restocking I'll just ask them to let me in for a moment.

It really doesn't have to be hard if you have an ounce (25g) of patience :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Although the Government stated the lockdown would be looked at after 3 weeks, based on their current line of thinking I just can't see it being lifted even slightly until May at the earliest.

Interesting times ahead.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
It does seem that Lancs and Derbs over-reacted a bit to that mad weekend 8-9 days ago. Unfortunate.

The Easter egg thing was bonkers, though the report I read didn't say it was the police specifically, just 'officers'. I thought it might have been some council jobsworths.

OTOH I hope this 'relaxation' doesn't lead to wholesale stupidity. Right now we seem to have behaviour about right I think.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
My wife went yesterday so I haven't experienced a supermarket since the 2mtr distance restrictions have been enforced.
I take to long and buy too many unnecessary things to be allowed to go
My wife is 75 so I have to do the shopping now.
But I'm a get-what-I-came for person - She's the one who dawdles looking for the bargains and stuff to want, so it's just right :)

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
Given the aisles are barely 2m wide, if I have to pass someone I take a deep breath and scoot past quickly.
You need to shut your eyes a well then - the virus can infect you via the eyeball. ;)

I imagine the major vector in supermarkets is the trolley handle.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
You need to shut your eyes a well then - the virus can infect you via the eyeball. ;)
Good point. I do wear specs, but they are probably only 50% effective, if that.

I imagine the major vector in supermarkets is the trolley handle.
Yes. Some places are providing cleaning stations but I think they should be proactively cleaning them between customers, not just an optional DIY thing.

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
So face mask, full safety (birth control) googles, disposable gloves and sanitising wipes.

Not far off from what Austria has mandated in supermarkets then.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good point. I do wear specs, but they are probably only 50% effective, if that.

Yes. Some places are providing cleaning stations but I think they should be proactively cleaning them between customers, not just an optional DIY thing.
Tesco doing a good job locally. Queuing system with clear separation of in / out routes, staff member outside explaining processes, hand sanitiser and trolley handle cleaning station with the former mandated and the latter carried out by staff member. Clear distancing guidelines marked out on floors throughout the store. Staff members on hand throughout the store and explaining requirement where needed. Tills closed to provide spacing.

Not much more they could do without shutting completely. Professionally done ... much better than other shops I have seen recently.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,302 Posts
I knew I should have kept those swimming goggles handy.

Maybe the thing here is a snorkelling mask and breathing tube, and stuff some tissue down the tube? Gotta be a good suggestion?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Tesco doing a good job locally.
Last week ours only had some of that. They may have upped their game since. I'll find out when I next try and go.

That said, I've found it a not very good store for service, by usual Tesco standards, so I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't.

181 - 200 of 203 Posts