Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've not been able to test drive an egolf anywhere in the NW, it's as if VW are paying lip service. None of the dealers I spoke to had even seen one in the flesh. Really disappointing!

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts
I can't get a test drive on an eGolf :( I contacted some dealers and they said "it's been delayed and we don't know how long for" and nobody mentioned if there was an existing one!

Their website is a wreck, there are so many Golfs listed (I asked why the have a "New Golf" listed and they said "that's the new one" as if I was some sort of idiot.. nobody else seems to do this!), I really couldn't figure out what's available and what's coming! ;(
I too had a look after I posted and agree the web site really doesn't help them sell the forthcoming model! I think I read on here it may be delayed to May? Shame as be good to have some competition to the IONIQ and UK media reviews were done a while ago.

·
Premium Member
9,917 Posts

·
Vendor
1,518 Posts
They'll have to have some part of the system installed by March 2018 to comply with "new" rules - Emergency call system for all new cars by 2018 - BBC News
You will find this will be like the implementation of TPMS and DRLs, it will only needed to be added to brand new models. Also as we won't be in the EU by then will the manufacturers just not fit the to the UK cars to save a few quid.

·
9,719 Posts
You will find this will be like the implementation of TPMS and DRLs, it will only needed to be added to brand new models. Also as we won't be in the EU by then will the manufacturers just not fit the to the UK cars to save a few quid.
It is unlikely we will drop out of ECWVTA, and if we do the ISO equivalent is harmonised so it's the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A few weeks ago I was having the software updated on my late 2017 IONIQ electric, and talking to the service manager about the fact they don't see may electric only versions and other chit chat, I told him about the new software showing live charging point status where available and he told me without any further asking that later this year he needed to have "these cars " in to have a sim card fitted, I asked if they have the hardware installed already and he said yes, Lets wait and see..

·
Registered
100 Posts
A few weeks ago I was having the software updated on my late 2017 IONIQ electric, and talking to the service manager about the fact they don't see may electric only versions and other chit chat, I told him about the new software showing live charging point status where available and he told me without any further asking that later this year he needed to have "these cars " in to have a sim card fitted, I asked if they have the hardware installed already and he said yes, Lets wait and see..
Something similar to this device will probably be installed then: Auto Link Premium | Hyundai Australia
Fingers crossed that we finally get the app then.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts