Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MG site shows the facelifted non ev ZS. Is there any indication when the ev version will be available? What enhancements are expected, a bigger battery?

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
340 Posts
Early next year AFAIK.

The battery capacity should be improved to around 60kwh but the price will increase or rather the discounting will stop so expect to pay around RRP minus the grant.

All subject to change though but I'm pretty sure it'll be happening as I think the ZS EV has been quite successful for MG

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
If MG follows other manufactures, then model upgrades are usually towards the back end of the year.
Marketing them as new for 2021 models.
Look when the first ZS EV's where released, late summer ( Press Cars etc ) ready for first deliveries to customers in November ish time.
Due to the slow role out of the first ZS Ev's, then of course the whole Covid thing, I guess this has refocussed the minds of MG with regards to release of the next gen ZS EV.
My guess would be that MG will still continue to run with the present ( Mk 1 ) ZS EV for now while the sales are still coming in.
They would have had a target number of the original Mk1 units to be sold, before they released the Mk 2 unit of the car.
Knowing that once the Mk 2 is released, the Mk 1 unit would need to be discounted in order to shift the back stock of units.
ICE models need a boost in sales, so face lifting them first is hoped to increase the sales figures I guess.
I think we will have to wait until next summer until we see the Mk 2 ZS EV ?.
Maybe rumours starting to circulate in the spring of 2021 followed by a possible release date towards the autumn time.
Do you see a pattern forming here ?.
Question :- Will it be offered in two battery sizes do we think - maybe ?.
I think they will be chasing the e.Niro and Kona for the extra range those cars can both offer.
But remember, one of the big attractions of the current ZS EV is the price.
More range will never be refused by any new buyer, but more range increases the price.
They have to match / beat the range of the e.Niro and Kona and under cut the price.
If they do, they have a winner I think !.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts