Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I'm looking at getting a env200 combi 5 seater but have been left a little confused as to when and what registration plates were the change over from the 24kwh to the 40kwh pack. From what I was reading in reviews and test drives the 40kwh would be in the 2018 models. But looking on auto trader the 2018 models seem to be listed as 24kwh and the GOM reading's suggest milage to match. I've seen a few videos on YouTube with the 40kwh pack with the registration xx18 xxx but the same 18 reg models listed as 24kwh.

Anyone out there in the know when the change was made? Is it just auto trader listing them wrong and the GOM showing low miles because they have been driven hard?
Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The rest of Europe started getting the 40kWh version from February 2018, but in the UK I think it was around May time that the first ones actually appeared on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a xx68 xxx plate should be 24kwh but possibly not the xx18 xxx ones?

There is a 68 plate on auto trader at the moment (not sure if I can post links) that has 450 miles on the clock. The heading says 24kwh and in photo 8 it's showing about 80% charged with 46 miles remaining. Is this a 24kwh or 40 kwh?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
So a xx68 xxx plate should be 24kwh but possibly not the xx18 xxx ones?

There is a 68 plate on auto trader at the moment (not sure if I can post links) that has 450 miles on the clock. The heading says 24kwh and in photo 8 it's showing about 80% charged with 46 miles remaining. Is this a 24kwh or 40 kwh?
I’d say that was definitely a 24kWh one. At 80% my 24kWh usually shows about 65 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how can a 68 plate (September to February) have a 24kwh battery when in this video
At 7:30 you can see its a earlier 18 plate (march to august)
Was the 40kwh pack an optional extra?

·
Registered
284 Posts
There’ll have been 24kwhr models registered after the 40kwhr version was released so there’s no real way of knowing based solely on the date of registration (except older models).

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That 18 plate is definitely a 40kWh battery. It wasn't available as an optional extra - they simply stopped the 24kWh and replaced it with the bigger battery version, and for the Evalia, changing the Sat Nav/entertainment unit for the one out of the 30kWh Leaf.

A 68 plate could still be 24kWh if it was an older one which a dealer had held onto before registering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that makes sense. I would have thought the dealers would have registered them right away since I thought there was a waiting list. It's hard to tell from auto trader ads, even from the Nissan dealers. Especially as some are listed with a 1L engine! Anyone know the vin plate change over number's? Just in case a 40kwh is listed as a 24?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It should be fairly easy to tell if it's a 24kWh or 40kWh battery by looking at the GOM. If it's over 100 miles at 100% SOC then it's the bigger battery. I don't understand why manufacturers don't but the damn battery size on the vehicle somewhere, like the engine bay or door pillar. It would make life so much simpler!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It should be fairly easy to tell if it's a 24kWh or 40kWh battery by looking at the GOM. If it's over 100 miles at 100% SOC then it's the bigger battery.
Not 100% fool proof, as I have done more than the old NEDC figure of 106 miles on 1 charge in my old 24kWh one, and could often get it showing around 100 miles.

IMG_20180718_112939394.jpg

·
ENV200 Owner
288 Posts
Mine is a 40kWh 18 plate, but a few dealers had 24kWh they had kept as ‘demonstrators’, but never registered them. Bristol Street Motors had several they bought at the end of the run and kept in a holding lot until they could sell them (think it was about six months) in the September which would put them on a 68 plate. He did explain why, but it made no sense to me.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yeah that makes sense. I would have thought the dealers would have registered them right away since I thought there was a waiting list. It's hard to tell from auto trader ads, even from the Nissan dealers. Especially as some are listed with a 1L engine! Anyone know the vin plate change over number's? Just in case a 40kwh is listed as a 24?
Yes it would be good to know the Vin No of the first 40kWh @MilesRoberts drove an early one I recall. This reminds me of the change from Gen1 LEAF to Gen2 as it used to be called. I did see a Gen1 which had apparently been registered a full year after the introduction of the Gen2. You get the odd seller trying to make out a Gen1 is an Acenta.

·
ENV200 Owner
288 Posts
Yes it would be good to know the Vin No of the first 40kWh @MilesRoberts drove an early one I recall. This reminds me of the change from Gen1 LEAF to Gen2 as it used to be called. I did see a Gen1 which had apparently been registered a full year after the introduction of the Gen2. You get the odd seller trying to make out a Gen1 is an Acenta.
Which part of the vin no. do you need? Not sure posting all of it would be a good idea!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Okay, googled it and apparently no harm in giving out my vin so:
VSKYAAME0U0600001
Does that help?
Wow looks like you have the very first uk spec vehicle. From my pm you can probably deduce that the 6 is the critical number. Can any other owners confirm?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ok my 2015 24kWh vin is VSKYAAME0U0505082 which surely contradicts what google are saying. How can my 2015 24kWh be the same model year as your 2018 40kWh?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Although everywhere says the 10th character of the VIN is the year model, it can't be, as both my old 24kWh one and the new 40kWh has a "U" for the 10th digit, which apparently isn't used for denoting the year anyway. I think the 10th digit for the year only applies in the USA.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts