Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I cannot seem to find any way to see what amps my car is charging at. Where is it in the menus? Mines a 2012 volt.

Super Moderator
Hi @(redacted) you may want to update your profile as it says you drive a Tesla Roadster! If you are lucky enough to have both, you can add the Volt to your profile. :)

Ampera aka IGOR
If I remember correctly you think yours is a pre 2013, so the charge rate is selected on the charging lead 'brick' as it is known. The later ones have it in the on screen menu.

Banned
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still waiting for the handbook to be posted by the dealer along with a spare key lol. Yes we have both cars btw. Profile updated.

Ampera aka IGOR
The charging lead (usually stored under the boot floor) should have 2 buttons on it, one for 6 amp I think this shows 2 leds on the brick, the other for 10 amp and shows 4 leds. This is the lead with the 13 amp domestic plug in case you have 2 leads.

Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option

Super Moderator
I'm still waiting for the handbook to be posted by the dealer along with a spare key lol. Yes we have both cars btw. Profile updated.
Then you are indeed a lucky chappie!

Banned
Discussion Starter #9
Does OVMS show the charging rate on the older 2012 ampera?

Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
You're welcome :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts