Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I cannot seem to find any way to see what amps my car is charging at. Where is it in the menus? Mines a 2012 volt.

·
Super Moderator
7,570 Posts
Hi @(redacted) you may want to update your profile as it says you drive a Tesla Roadster! If you are lucky enough to have both, you can add the Volt to your profile. :)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,662 Posts
If I remember correctly you think yours is a pre 2013, so the charge rate is selected on the charging lead 'brick' as it is known. The later ones have it in the on screen menu.

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still waiting for the handbook to be posted by the dealer along with a spare key lol. Yes we have both cars btw. Profile updated.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,662 Posts
The charging lead (usually stored under the boot floor) should have 2 buttons on it, one for 6 amp I think this shows 2 leds on the brick, the other for 10 amp and shows 4 leds. This is the lead with the 13 amp domestic plug in case you have 2 leads.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,570 Posts
I'm still waiting for the handbook to be posted by the dealer along with a spare key lol. Yes we have both cars btw. Profile updated.
Then you are indeed a lucky chappie!

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does OVMS show the charging rate on the older 2012 ampera?

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
You're welcome :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts