Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Morrisons tonight to show the good lady how to use a public charger and test the app as she is going away foe a bit and stealing the Tesla.
While I was there I thought I'd register an RFID, I used the app to instigate this but either I could not locate the card reader or the cards were all duff. I assumed the reader was on or near the screen on the chargepoint.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You should be able to just place the card by the screen, contactless. did the machine not display these instructions.

I like many others could not get my card to work and ended ringing the contact number displayed on the charger. The operators on the end of the phone were really helpful. The problem with my payment card was that it sends a new code after each transaction Genie Point can't cope with this as they require a fixed RFID card.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,810 Posts
If it is similar to the ones I struggled with, the RFID reader is the screen. Or behind the screen.

Long story short, I did the same trip as you, spent 25min trying to register a tag with geniepoint. It turned out the unit was stuck or non responsive.

On another unit, follow these steps:
  • Bottom of touch screen, press button "charge";
  • Choose type of connector;
  • Screen shows where to tap RFID, basically center of screen.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,699 Posts
I went to Morrisons tonight to show the good lady how to use a public charger and test the app as she is going away foe a bit and stealing the Tesla.
While I was there I thought I'd register an RFID, I used the app to instigate this but either I could not locate the card reader or the cards were all duff. I assumed the reader was on or near the screen on the chargepoint.
I registed one last week, you have to pretend you are going to charge and use card for it to fail at the same time as using the app or website to update your account. I have not been back again yet to see if it works.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, it appears I was holding the card in the correct place but there was no interaction from the screen possibly because I instigated from the App. I'll give it another go next time I am at Mozzers.

Charging worked fine through the app once I called the help desk. I had to start the charge on the app before plugging in the car rather than the other way around which is the opposite of what it says on the charge point. I assume they have had many calls for the same issue as this is there prerecorded response when dialling the help desk.

Thank you all for the responses.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yes, the RFID reader is the screen, but it's not at all obvious and the instructions on the unit don't tell you.

Designed by someone who doesn't have an EV.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,810 Posts
Yes, the RFID reader is the screen, but it's not at all obvious and the instructions on the unit don't tell you.

Designed by someone who doesn't have an EV.
Sadly, it does tell you, but you need to get to the right screen... Not easy at all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts