Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got an electric scooter. The batteries are broken so I need replacement. Original this scooter is sold with leadacid but I think lithuimjon is better. 6 12v. But where can I buy such batteries?
Best regards
Fredrik

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Welcome to Speak EV.
Maybe the manufacturers have a conversion kit. Have you asked them? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Swedish.
Charging lithiums probably won't be the same as charging the existing lead-acid cells.
As to buying new batteries, be they lead-acid or lithium, guess that depends on where you live (you didn't say!)
It's a novel little scooter! Is it legal for on road use in the UK or just on private land like the PLEVs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello John,
Thanks for your answer.
I live in Sweden, and I bought the scooter for my mum when my dad passed away. He was the one that always drove the car even though my mum got the drivning licens. How ever the batteries shipped with the scooter just lasted approx 2 years.
I got the idea to look for lithuimjon batteries from this thread:
But perhaps you would say that original leadacid is better?
Btw the scooter is ok to be driven in any roads in Sweden accept highways.
Best regards
Fredrik

·
Registered
34 Posts
The website of the manufacturer has contact details for several aftersales service agents:
I would suggest contacting the agent nearest to you. It is quite likely that they have already been asked to consider converting from lead-acid.
You could also try joining the Swedish EV forum ELBIL :: Index
The question about Titan Zero R2 batteries has in fact already been asked there:
"Vad tror ni om att konvertera detta fordon till Li-ion?" , which means What do you think about converting this vehicle to Li-ion? , but there was no answer yet

·
Registered
890 Posts
There are a few 12V lithium-ion batteries out there that are designed for marine and caravan type operations where they are mostly driving lights and domestic equipment. Many of them have built in Battery Management Systems (BMS) which is essential to ensure safe charging and operation. You would have to check if you can charge them in series. The prices are quite high at the moment and I suspect it would be too expensive to buy 6 of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts