Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,134 Posts
holt in derby confirm mine is at their garage awaiting extras to be installed :)
@Webby see you Sunday morning you can show me your where's my outlander map.
Awesome, I think we were in the same cluster of original delivery dates. Cirencester just need whack a tow bar on and give it a quick baby wipe over for me. <waits for the phone to ring/> :D

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Call from dealer this morning to say not only has car arrived but ready to pick up with all its bits added in. Hoping I can pick up tomorrow afternoon, if so will be driving from Tunbridge Wells A21 / M25 to Surrey. Will let you all know.
Fantastic, I have my registration number but MMUKHQ/Fleet yet to confirm. Soon my precious....SOON

· Registered
1,134 Posts
I pick mine up tomorrow evening, it was on the June 5th ship. @Mark Do I need a to get a cable? I was assuming the fats charge points had their own cables that you just plug in to the fast charge socket on the car. Also is there a definitive one stop map of the charge points anywhere? Each company seems to have its own map. As you can tell im new to EVs.
Hi @James12 , welcome!

Confusingly there are fast chargers, and rapid chargers. Rapid chargers are the 'fastest' - you connect to the large circular charge port (CHAdeMO connector) on the car. These are the public charge points you tend to find on Motorways, IKEA, and some other locations. They are always tethered connections, so you just plug in using the fixed cable. You'll need an RFID card from Ecotricity (free), CYC (£20), Chargemaster (£££) to access these locations. Check on the various charge maps to see which you need.

Fast chargers are slower than rapids. :rolleyes:
For the Outlander, a fast charge will be fairly slow - limited to 16A 3.3kW charging. These will charge at the same rate as a fixed home charger. Typically, most public fast charge stations (often found in car parks or on street parking etc.) use a "Type 2 socket". To connect an Outlander you need a "Type 1 to Type 2 cable" which connects to the smaller charge port on the Outlander, and the socket on the post. This isn't supplied with the car, so if you can't use the 13A plug adapter, you could consider buying a cable but they're quite expensive. The best option is the cable from @nuWorld Energy which is rated to 32A and cheaper than the Mitsubishi one. You don't need 32A but I've heard some charge points take a dislike to 16A cables.

Enjoy the Outlander - mine is imminent, also landed on the 5th. :D

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Grrr. Not coming on Thursday :mad: Latest update "vehicle delayed at the docks", expected to dealer on 30th for delivery July 8th!
I already have the reg number, and all paperwork done. Tantalisingly close.

Already sold our X-Trail and put 1000 miles on the LEAF in 3 weeks, need to calm down otherwise I'll blow our limit on the My Electric Avenue lease. Got a few awkward long journeys to manage in the next few weeks too - been lucky so far, but the PHEV would make life sooo much easier. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.