Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Where's my outlander

9K views 66 replies 19 participants last post by  George Jetson 
#1 ·
As reported earlier our outlander is on the tortugas ship heading from japan to Bristol. It's been docked in Aqaba today and is now steaming towards Sharm al sheike. I guess then on to Suez.
The game is a foot car or charging station what will appear first. I recon the Japanese company more reliable than our government.

#3 ·
We still have a regular supply of pod point home charge units - unlike Rolec they didn't stop selling them and scare everyone involved with the grant. We have 14 3.7kw type 1 units, 7kw units are made to order - currently 2 weeks approx. Depending on your location we may be able to assist, we are prioritising EV drivers, the grant grabbers can wait.
Luckily we fitted ours last month - oh my outlander is on uk soil - sorry to rub it in - vehicle and charger :)

#5 ·
Drop me an email - chris@evchargingsolutions.co.uk
See if we can sort something out for you. I've just realised Yesss are no longer advertising home charge units and pod points link to Yesss is no longer there......
:( Not sure what that means but I'll spread some rumours, to scare everyone into a mass panic! OLEV should have been tighter with the accreditation - you basically needed a name and a pulse and you got put on the list - very poor vetting - now look at the mess they are in!

#9 ·
Popped into the garage today to fill in some more paperwork. We are leasing through my business. I love the car but do not want to own it in three years as I have no idea on its future value or reliability. I know that sounds bad and I have every faith but it makes sense to my business.
We talked to the sales guys about deliveries and they confirmed that some cars landed Last week. Not ours.
They had their big weekend which seemed to envolve cream cakes.

#14 ·
Hmmmmm..... I had an unplanned interaction with MMUK yesterday and they said my car should be in stock and not waiting for delivery to the UK!! I said I don't think that's right (probably someone in an office trying to say the right thing) as I ordered in May and have end of August as delivery date from the dealer since point of delivery and confirmed on Wednesday last week. :eek:

I have emailed them the details as they requested although do not expect things to change...... but..... watch this space! :cool:

#15 ·
Just looked ours is now steaming out of Italy directly to Bristol. Just need to get paperwork sorted. We have made it difficult for ourselves as we have just gone LTD. This means that we have been waiting for banks ( don't get me started on those idiots) to open a new account.

#22 ·
@Kevin Trill, whereabouts in Surrey? Am enjoying my moment of exclusivity and don't want anyone near the Hindhead Tunnel spoiling things for me! ;)

Kidding of course, welcome to our exclusive little club (for now anyway :D). It will be interesting to hear how much of that trip you manage to do on EV mode - you can use the info./trip/eco screen to tell you.

#28 ·
Well its here our Glacier Blue Outlander PHEV, been driving it for a few hours now. A lot of about town stuff and then motorway drive home for 75 mins. First impressions: -
- Better than I thought it would compared to the test drive, now having had a chance to push it around some roundabouts and corners handles better than I thought it would do.
- Lots to learn with dashboard info, sat nav OKish, to start off a little distracting but something you would get used to.
- The screen showing the Energy Flow is quite useful, the manual could be made more user friendly, a quick user guide would not go amiss.

and then the all important electric / ice.
- Once started, or powered up might be more appropriate, simple as foot on brake put into drive and off you go.
- We had about 22 miles of EV range and used this up to and froing in busy Friday PM town traffic with air con on, nice and quiet. 4 people in the car and all had plenty of space.
- As we set back home we had only a few miles left of EV range and it quickly went as we went onto the fast A roads but ICE kicked in and seamless.
- For a while doing 70 just on electric, we only knew that from the energy flow screen
- Left it top run on ICE for a while and then halfway home hit the charge button. In 15 or mins had 8 mile range but I was doing 70mph on the motorway at the same time. I was impressed how quickly it charged and drove the car.
- Flappy paddles for regenerative braking, used these loads for braking the car coming up to traffic lights, using full force to start with and then lessen the force as we neared the traffic lights, its like going through the gears a bit but in reverse!
- MPG figure when we started off in the afternoon with 9 miles on the clock with 99mpg but when we got home it was 38mpg. I put this down to using the engine to charge the battery, I hope.
- Radio / sound system decent enough, radio seemed a bit more confusing that it needed to be, time will tell, probably me
- Driving up to our house got a strange look from lady at the bottom of the road seeing this silent car travel up the road.

And to note
- Only 13 amp cable for charging, when we went for test drive saw it had 2 cables, one for public charging and 13amp, mine only supplied with 13amp, assume other cable is optional extra
- No puncture kit, queried it bit forgot to followup at dealership
- Towing, manual is huge and stumbled across a strange comment about steep hills that the battery should be charged 20 mins before attempting the ascent. Given I am going across the alps in the summer with a caravan in the summer it could be a long drive, only slightly nervous.o_O

First impressions
- Better than I thought, no real negatives yet
- Now plugged in for the night charging, night night phev

@aitchjaybee you really are very close, when is your due, have you got a date yet?

#33 ·
-
...@aitchjaybee you really are very close, when is your due, have you got a date yet?
still being told Friday 27th June and it will be delivered to my office - hopefully via truck as I don't want someone else shoving the first 180 miles on it! (coming via company car lease scheme so they have a single dealer they negotiate with who is 180 miles away). Ordered 14th May and was on first boatload....but being fleet user adds delay :-(
taking solace in the clear enjoyment of others who have picked up already!

#31 ·
Kevin,
Thanks for the review. I had the British Gas man here on Thursday (given the OLEV commentary was pleased he showed) and put in the charging unit (16A) for free. I then had a call from the garage to say it has arrived so went up there yesterday to fill out some paperwork primarily relating to the £5k grant. They had a couple of demonstrators there and claimed to have sold another 18 since last Thursday. My GX4 (pearl) is due next Friday - with detachable towbar.
I am lucky to be able to park outside my house by the charging unit and do not intend bothering with public fast charging as my vehicle will be primarily school run and central London/congestion zone. However I am curious as to the length of the supplied charging cable. Kevin - any idea how long it is?
Thinking of investing in this to stow in the car for more flexibility when visiting friends/family/hotels etc -

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/electric...39638&ef_id=uRJPbaZ0QQwAAEVn:20140619151825:s

Seemed a good price at B&Q with no reel so should stow underfloor and is 13A + RCD. Interested in any views?

Otherwise, thanks all for the helpful comments and looking forward to ownership.

#34 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.