Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,952 Posts
I should also add I'm with Octopus and they do one of the smart chargers for £200. Not sure to get that as I'm not sure if it's any good.
Apparently the OHME one is great.

I’m sure an owner will be along soon with a recommendation.

Otherwise you can look out for a second hand Renault one on here or eBay.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The only problem is that Screwfix aren't selling them at the moment, neither delivered or available with Click and Collect at all my local branches. There's quite a number of products like that at the moment, which is why I checked this one.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,237 Posts
I should also add I'm with Octopus and they do one of the smart chargers for £200. Not sure to get that as I'm not sure if it's any good.
The one for 200 is Ohme EV. They are bloody good. If you have ToU , they schedule the car to charge when it is lowest priced

I picked up a smart cable 2 weeks ago. If I need another one, I would.

You need to be an Octopus Energy customer to get out for 199.

Here is tonight's scheduled charge

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here you go. Use code SPEAKEV10 to save 10% 👍

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
You are with Octopus so most likely on Go or Agile. So you will benefit with the Ohme's ability to utilise Time of Use tariffs.

Get the Ohme for £199 via the Octopus deal. After all its normal price is £399. You wont do better for the price.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, Outlander PHEV
2,237 Posts
Agree with this although if your only using the granny to charge when away from this wouldn't matter and what length is Ohme? You can't always get your car right up to a window etc so get a good length, safer than using an extension.
5m. If you get a smart charger for the price of normal EVSE, why the heck not?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The Ohme isn't ideal as an away-from-home charger as you can't manually select charge current, which could be useful if using a questionable supply

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,184 Posts
Just got a new Zoe ZE50

When visiting family I was going to charge via a 3 pin charge socket. Anyone recommend a supplier for 3 pin chargers?
Yeah, from me. I've got a genuine Renault granny cable going spare (got another one free with the MG). Cost £500 new. Yours for £150.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts