• Monterry

Votes: 10 37.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
I'm just finalising my Passat GTE saloon order, final choice, which alloys? The standard look fine, but the other two options are only £105 more and there will soon be lots of Passat GTEs in the staff car park. Can't decide so thought I'd ask the experts. That's you guys btw!

The choices are:
Rim Wheel Automotive wheel system Font Spoke

·
Registered
37 Posts
.., and get it in Harvard Blue. Most interest parties seem to say “That’s a nice colour!”. Much nicer than boring silver

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Folks
I'm just finalising my Passat GTE saloon order, final choice, which alloys? The standard look fine, but the other two options are only £105 more and there will soon be lots of Passat GTEs in the staff car park. Can't decide so thought I'd ask the experts. That's you guys btw!

The choices are:
View attachment 84441
Marseille looks the classiest and the Oxfords the sportiest: nothing wrong with the Monterry ones but not really a fan, but your opinion is the one that counts!

·
Registered
994 Posts
The Marseilles are on most Golf GTEs so this might sway you away? I really like the Oxfords but understand your dilemma. On balance, I’d go for Monterry :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.., and get it in Harvard Blue. Most interest parties seem to say “That’s a nice colour!”. Much nicer than boring silver
Should have said...have chosen Manganese Grey for the paint. Not boring silver, more kinda sparkly Black! Don't get me reconsidering the paint as well, need to get it ordered before they sell out!

Sean, the Mini looks great! I had to admit defeat on getting it added to the fleet list [sad face]

·
Registered
421 Posts
I like Oxford and Monterry (and Oxford just pipped it for me). I'm not a fan of the Marseille at all.

Harvard Blue is a colour I would have thought I would have liked, but I realised that it looks bland on the Passat and something about it just doesn't suit the Passat's styling. I think there's a reason that you don't see many of them! I went for Manganese Grey because I think it makes the car look classy. I would have had Indium Grey but they stopped that and replaced it with Manganese Grey.

Of course the Estate is better looking and more practical than the saloon...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thank you! I am really pleased with it.

Forgot the Marseille were on the Golf (GTEJesper) as well, maybe that is why I liked them! In that case, I’d go for the Oxfords? Have to see what they look like against the Manganese paintwork.

Actually, on second thoughts, I think the Monterry ones look OK - I used to be decisive, but now I’m not so sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've picked the oxfords for mine with black pearl paint. Couple of guys at work have the golf with Marseilles but feel they don't look as good on the front of the Passat due to the more curvy bodywork. Passat suits more straight spoked wheels better imho. Looking forward to getting mines at the end of April. :cool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like Oxford and Monterry (and Oxford just pipped it for me). I'm not a fan of the Marseille at all.

Harvard Blue is a colour I would have thought I would have liked, but I realised that it looks bland on the Passat and something about it just doesn't suit the Passat's styling. I think there's a reason that you don't see many of them! I went for Manganese Grey because I think it makes the car look classy. I would have had Indium Grey but they stopped that and replaced it with Manganese Grey.

Of course the Estate is better looking and more practical than the saloon...
I totally agree, however I have a £40k limit and there a few options I'd like to spec. If it wasn't for that, I'd be ordering the Advance estate, although it's way too big for me really, I wanted the Golf [sigh].

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know it's another boring silver car but I am pleased with the Pyrite, I think it really suits the Passat. I was going to go for the Harvard blue but as above don't think it suits the GTE, clashes with the blue trim

Am also pleased with the Oxford alloys and the contrast with the paint having previously preferred the Monterrys

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

·
Registered
421 Posts
I know it's another boring silver car but I am pleased with the Pyrite, I think it really suits the Passat. I was going to go for the Harvard blue but as above don't think it suits the GTE, clashes with the blue trim
Agreed - you have to get a colour that lets the blue stripe stand out! The guy next door but one from me got a Passat Estate GTE (coincidentally) in Atlantic Blue and you don't see the stripe at all which is a shame. I was originally going to order white for this very reason. But then we had a vote in the office and it was 7:1 in favour of the grey!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Shame the headlining doesn't match the grey paint, wheels or black interior ;)
I've gone for Oxford Anthracite wheels, Manganese grey, black interior and optional black headlining. And the windows are tinted as standard. Hope I haven't overdone the darkness! I figured it would contrast nicely with the silver roof rails and chrome window surround. Two days to go before I find out if I get sucked into a black hole...

·
Registered
539 Posts

Am also pleased with the Oxford alloys and the contrast with the paint having previously preferred the Monterrys

View attachment 84609
That combo looks good

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to admit that I prefer the Oxford wheels, as they just seem to give the car a more sporty look. I have gone for Passat GTE saloon, Deep Black, with the Titan black interior and added AID. I wanted the Advance model, but the company budget wouldn't stretch that far.
I should take delivery early June, all being well..

·
Registered
493 Posts
I prefer the Oxford wheels but had no choice other than Monterrey with the Advance spec. I chose not to spend money on paint and go for the no cost option of Urano Grey but had to sort out the beige headlining, should be a no cost option with full black leather!!. Begrudgingly spent £240 on black headlining. Now its stealthy (apart from the heaps of chrome trim!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts