Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a Renault Zoe GT Line R135 Rapid Charge and planning to get a charger installed at home. I have the option of the Scottish Power Smart EV Charger or the BP Chargemaster, can anyone advise which is better? Any advice gratefully received by this EV novice

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Better in what sense? As most homes are single phase, you will be limited to a 7kW EV charging point. All EV charging points which are part-funded by an OLEV grant come with a 3 year warranty. Out-of-interest, why are you limited to just two charger manufacturers?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,354 Posts
Better in what sense? As most homes are single phase, you will be limited to a 7kW EV charging point. All EV charging points which are part-funded by an OLEV grant come with a 3 year warranty. Out-of-interest, why are you limited to just two charger manufacturers?
I suspect that @K33aba gets their power from Scottish Power, who offer a charger for £399 on their EV tariff. The Chargemaster device comes free* with the Zoe.

I'd say the Chargemaster device will be about £399 cheaper than the SP one, as Renault will pick up any bill* left over after the OLEV grant.

* As long as it's a "standard" installation

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I suspect that @K33aba gets their power from Scottish Power, who offer a charger for £399 on their EV tariff. The Chargemaster device comes free* with the Zoe.

I'd say the Chargemaster device will be about £399 cheaper than the SP one, as Renault will pick up any bill* left over after the OLEV grant.

* As long as it's a "standard" installation
Fair enough. It’s a bit of a non brainer’ I would have thought. Moreover, based on a previous encounter that I had with SP 18 months ago, it is not the easiest supplier to deal with if things go wrong. We had the usual plot number/ address meter mix up on a small new build development. At one point, they were even addressing bills ‘To The Estate of Mr Lexden’!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts