Tariff Name
Peak Rate 4500 Hours Per Year
EV Rate 2700 Kwh Per Year
Standing Charge Per Day
Annual Cost
EDFGoElectric17.188.0028.80£1094.22
OctopusGo13.805.0025.00£847.25
EDFGoElectric Jan 2111.5411.5427.13£929.90
I think you're a bit high on the 1st EDF tariff there. With long night and all weekend on the 8p rate, you might be able to change your mix from 4500/2700 to something like 2000/5200. Their low rate hours are quite generous really.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think Octopus still win, unless my arithmatic is all up the Swanee.
Nah, it's your spelling!

I've no EV but am transferring to Octopus and then when I get the smart meter I'll be transferring to Agile (the variable time of day tariff) as I'm a single person household, have 4kWp of solar panels and can largely avoid the peak rates that tariff has. It'll be a bit of fun gaming the system and if/when I get an EV, possibly via EVEZY, I'll be ready. I'm currently on a standing charge free tariff as a very low user but it's apparent from recent increasess that the supplier obviously doesn't want my business. So I've got an average unit rate I have to hit to make up for the standing charge on my new tariff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Current provider is Scottish power. They apparently do an ev tariff at 4.74p/ kWh off peak. Going to see if they’ll move me to that tariff. I’ve a pod point install later this month arranged.

My i3s is registered at my home addresss. I’m hoping it’s straightforward and not dependent on having sp’s home charge unit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am with Scottish Power but it has been a nightmare trying to get on their EV tariff (need to have dual fuel and smart meters for both gas and electricity and pay by direct debit). However, my advice is if you use gas and electricity watch that your provider doesn’t charge silly rates or standing charges. You need to compare your full energy usage ( gas and electricity). I have found that cheaper deals may not include ones that have EV nighttime tariffs.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The November 20 super saver tariff was cheaper but you can’t get it direct but need to go via sites like Martin Lewis energy saving.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts