Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I am presently with M&S Energy supplying my dual fuel.

I am rapidly approaching being in the position where the only significant importer of electricity will be my Nissan LEAF so I am looking to see if I can get a better deal on Economy 7

So thoughts on a provider which ticks all of most of:

• Cheap tariff
  • Free conversion
  • Zero standing charge
  • Smart Meter
  • Green supply
Thanks chaps

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just a couple of points -
1) Don't get hung up on the standing charge. It'll be clawed back somewhere, just look at the total cost of the energy you use.
2) Smart meters, not as useful as they're cracked up to be. If you need real insight into your energy usage, you're better off getting something like the Open Energy Monitor and doing it yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Try Spark Energy Tariff 1 Month in advance. Guarantee to beat the big 4 energy co.
Their quote comparison shows £245.70 more than my current supplier (Ovo). Ecotricity's + car tariff works out cheaper than Ovo for my location and usage.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I am just changing over to Ecotricity E7+EV. This worked out a little bit more expensive than SE/EON/etc. but slightly cheaper than Good Energy. I don't mind paying a small premium to be using 100% renewable power (if only for a decent comeback the next time someone tells me my car runs on coal!).

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am just changing over to Ecotricity E7+EV. This worked out a little bit more expensive than SE/EON/etc. but slightly cheaper than Good Energy. I don't mind paying a small premium to be using 100% renewable power (if only for a decent comeback the next time someone tells me my car runs on coal!).
Yes Jim - that was exactly my thinking in the end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts