Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I realise the answer is probably 'use the search function' but having spent a couple of days searching around and trying to get my head around home chargers, I'm in far more of a confused state than when I began :D
Just wanting some basic advice on what home charger might suit my needs:
Looking for a 7kw unit. To charge my 120ah i3s. Every 3 evenings or so. Currently Octopus fixed tariff but looking to move to Go or Agile next week so a smart charger that can access these features.
I'm afraid price is my main concern, buying the car was costly enough :p Sounds like EO mini pro or Ohme are popular, seems Podpoints aren't all that 'smart'?

Thanks, any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As you are with Octopus have a look at their Smart Charger deal. £605 after the OLEV grant for a tethered charger. Or Rolec do one for £445 net of the grant

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Gjm, Good luck with your new car. I am cutting and pasting our accepted quotation from PodPoint. We got the OLEV grant. We chose an extra lock option and extra warranty and a tethered point. The Pod Point does have an app and can remotely stop and start charging. Ours was installed yesterday, no extra costs and working fine.

The 7kW Option
£909.00
Solo Key Lock
Solo Key Lock£39.00
5 Year Warranty
5 Year Warranty£69.00
Pod Point Direct Dealership Discount
Discount Applied£-109.00
OLEV Government Subsidy
OLEV Government Subsidy
See grant Ts & Cs
£-350.00
Subtotal£558.00

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm in the process of changing from a free dumb charger, which has been installed for 2+ years, for the ohme to take advantage of the Octopus tariffs. The Chargemaster unit, although disconnected, will be left in place as a reel for the ohme :) For myself, it would seem to be the cheapest way to take advantage of Agile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.
Sound like the Ohme wall charger can utilise both Agile and Go.
Seems off that Octopu's EO Mini products can only do Go?

·
Registered
711 Posts
The has been a lot of discussion on the Ohme recently which has been really helpful. Personally I’m taking advantage of the Octopus £199 offer on the commando version.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Have you considered Zappi? I was told that out will be supporting ToU tariffs like Agile and if you have Solar PV, you can divert excess electricity to charge the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi folks,

I realise the answer is probably 'use the search function' but having spent a couple of days searching around and trying to get my head around home chargers, I'm in far more of a confused state than when I began :D
Just wanting some basic advice on what home charger might suit my needs:
Looking for a 7kw unit. To charge my 120ah i3s. Every 3 evenings or so. Currently Octopus fixed tariff but looking to move to Go or Agile next week so a smart charger that can access these features.
I'm afraid price is my main concern, buying the car was costly enough :p Sounds like EO mini pro or Ohme are popular, seems Podpoints aren't all that 'smart'?

Thanks, any advice appreciated.
Cant you get a special deal on an OHME direct from Octopus and plug into your existing chargepoint

1 - 11 of 11 Posts