Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a Leaf some years ago but I sold it because we live in an apartment with no possibility of a charge point. Therefore I’m hoping to buy a used i3 Rex in spring next year. Some queries: what year was DC charger fitted? Also when was the cruise with braking fitted? My budget is about £17,000 and would you recommend I buy from a BMW dealer with their warranty or is a non dealer warranty just as good? Lots of questions but I hope you can advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd avoid 2014/15 builds. Cruise with regeneration was standard on my 2016 64Ah and is the same on my 2018 94Ah. Adaptive cruise was an option on both.
A BMW warranty seems sensible on a vehicle you don't know the history of.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'd avoid 2014/15 builds. Cruise with regeneration was standard on my 2016 64Ah and is the same on my 2018 94Ah. Adaptive cruise was an option on both.
A BMW warranty seems sensible on a vehicle you don't know the history of.
I owned a 2015 i3Rex for 4 years and apart from a rusty fuel tank sensor the car performed flawlessly. I am not sure what you mean when you say ‘cruise with regeneration’. Regeneration has always been standard on all I3s. Regeneration was reduced in 2015 after reports of broken engine drive bolts. It was also very easy to front gate a tailgating driver if ACC disconnected in low sun/mist. The braking effect was harsh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts