Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an electric car eVerito and a vintage car. I wish to convert my vintage car to electric as well after having a very good experience with eVerito. Which company provides the best solution for this?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Kits are not really the solution unless you have something such as a beetle based car.
I hold a lot of stock of parts, some HPEVS motors, including a used ac35x2 with matching higher voltage controllers. I also sell some neat LG Cell blocks (1.8kwh each) harvested from virtually new packs (I have over 1Mwh in stock) and a specially developed Pack monitoring unit that enables monitoring of up 15 cell blocks (16 cells at 30ah) using the OEM board integrated in each cell block. Also mounting kits for these blocks. Dc to Dc for various voltages, And a growing selection of OEM parts
But the point is the parts need to me designed as a system to suit the car and the use. Not merely a simple kit.
What country are you located in? What is the Vintage car?
Expect a conversion to cost between £15 to 40k depending on spec and how much work you do yourself and the extent of used parts you use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,
Thank You for the responses, however, I am looking for complete solutions. RichTrash(That's what the webpage shows me) could you please provide their website? I came across some DIYetrio company which is providing standard kits based on the weight of the car. How effective do you think it would be?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
however, I am looking for complete solutions
In some of the vids I posted above (e.g Range Rover)...

Here at Electric Classic Cars we can either convert your classic to electric, source and build an electric classic to your specifications, or supply you with the parts you'd need to convert your own car to electric.

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
I am looking for complete solutions. RichTrash(That's what the webpage shows me) could you please provide their website? I came across some DIYetrio company which is providing standard kits based on the weight of the car.
A universal kit is not going to be a complete solution.

Do you know how to weld?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I have a friend with a workshop, he will do it for me, I just wish to know if there is such a thing like Universal Kit as the Battery Pack and the BMS needed might be different based on the model I am using.

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
Grumpy-B?
Jeremy Bloomfield aka Grumpy-B. He posted a reply in this thread.

Are you ready to spend £20k or more converting the car?

Be careful if you import anything from America. Accord sold in the UK/EU is a different car than the US version. If you own an Accord you probably already know that.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Why would you spend £15 to 20k on a Honda Accord?
By all means import a kit from the link, but remember the transport costs will be very high (I know I have imported HPEVS motors) , you will then pay import duties, and then VAT on the cost, the transport and the duties. And of course its not going to fit anyway, so you will still have to do all the engineering and integration.
Conversion is not a way of getting a cheap EV, its a fairly expensive way of having a one off car, hence why people tend to do it to a car of worth. Spend £15k on a £500 car and you will have an electric £500 car which its unlikley you would ever get any one pay whats its cost you. Spend the same on a nice classic car and you will ready be able to sell a nice car at a later date.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.