Which type of EV driver are you?

• A

• B

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
MG5
254 Posts
Hi, I think that B is cutting it fine, I used to fill my ice up when the light came on on the ev happy to go to 20%. You need to add C. Please.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,742 Posts
I don't recognise that symbol on the gauge.

Which buttons do I need to press to get it to show on my Zoe?

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
My wife was very definitely a type A, I'm pretty much a type B. I think she's changing now she has an EV, though, as she got down to about 30% SoC recently and wasn't really stressing about it, whereas if she got below half a tank on her old car she'd start looking to fill it up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having just jumped onto the EV bandwagon, I am very much an A but then again even with an ICE, I would never run on fumes. The fact I have my own "fill up station " at home means I'm always full but trips are full of range anxiety currently in my early days.
I will learn to adapt, prepare and have fun with it however what did not help is while I finally accepted the lacking in range, 3 days after picking up the EV, it has gone back into the dealership for some work meaning I am driving in a 3.0 petrol with plenty of range and plenty of "filling up" stations so I'm sure I'll be resetting option A again when I get it back!

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2021 38.3kWh
34 Posts
A.B.C

always be charging

Reactions: Harry6

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,508 Posts
A.B.C

always be charging
*except if/when you reach a significant tapering point on a rapid, you’ve already been on it for an hour, and there’re two other cars waiting to charge. Then don’t ABC! 😂

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2021 38.3kWh
34 Posts
*except if/when you reach a significant tapering point on a rapid, you’ve already been on it for an hour, and there’re two other cars waiting to charge. Then don’t ABC! 😂
Haha of course. Lots of caveats but I just mean in general

I tend to plug it each night and charge to 90% regardless. Sometimes it’s 85% and sometimes it’s as low as 50%
The point is you never know when you’ll need the range. You might get woken up and have to drive across the country for whatever reason therefore I would always rather have a high level of charge instead of waiting for it to get to 30% and do a big charge :)

Reactions: Bill N

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
A.B.C

always be charging
I recommend you not drive past a charger in the Scottish Highlands in case the next one is not working and you leave yourself out of range of others.

Where's the harm of spending 30mins admiring the views and having a break / stretching your legs. (ok, not when it's calm and damp thanks to the midges)

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I recommend you not drive past a charger in the Scottish Highlands in case the next one is not working and you leave yourself out of range of others.

Where's the harm of spending 30mins admiring the views and having a break / stretching your legs. (ok, not when it's calm and damp thanks to the midges)
This sort of comment is good for a laugh but really its totally rubbish, BS.

I drive past chargers in the Highlands almost every day and never give it a 2nd thought.

Its a case of a vocal wingeing minority trying to set the agenda!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts

I drive past chargers in the Highlands almost every day and never give it a 2nd thought.

Not BS because you are familiar with the location and reliability or not of chargers.
For a visitor it's not unreasonable simply for peace of mind and no hardship if you are holidaying.

What do you mean by this:

You've done plenty of whingeing about the CPS network.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,742 Posts

I thought it was some sort of joke about how it’s impossible for a Scot to drive past a free rapid charger without stopping to freeload? :)

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
I thought it was some sort of joke about how it’s impossible for a Scot to drive past a free rapid charger without stopping to freeload? :)
Would be a joke if the chargers were no longer free in most counties.

·
3,508 Posts
Haha of course. Lots of caveats but I just mean in general
(y) I was just having a little rant really because I experienced this the other day with 3 cars whose drivers all seemingly thought it was appropriate to "ABC" on a rapid up to nearly 100% causing me and another to have to wait for 20 minutes whilst they added a few more percent.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,949 Posts
(y) I was just having a little rant really because I experienced this the other day with 3 cars whose drivers all seemingly thought it was appropriate to "ABC" on a rapid up to nearly 100% causing me and another to have to wait for 20 minutes whilst they added a few more percent.
The annoying thing is that an overstay penalty can end all this inconsiderate charger hogging to 100%.
In many chargers in Scotland, on a rapid, you are allowed 2hours then its £30 penalty; at a new hub near Edinburgh with 150kw chargers, it's 45mins max then £30.

·
3,508 Posts
Yes, 45 mins is entirely reasonable now on an ultra rapid (which it was in my case). Three cars, all there for over an hour. Disgraceful really.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts