Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I now have my ID3 on order, (Family Pro Performance 58kw in Manganese grey with East Derry alloys) and notice on the VW configurator that there seems to be no interior options aside from black/grey for any spec. I caught an older review saying the white and saffron was a no cost option so I presume they've discontinued these now?

Seems a shame if they have, it was the one thing which added some character to the interior to raise it above a base spec Polo really! For all the concerns I see about white steering wheels the one in my BMW i3 is as good as new after 10k miles.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,834 Posts
Hi guys,

I now have my ID3 on order, (Family Pro Performance 58kw in Manganese grey with East Derry alloys) and notice on the VW configurator that there seems to be no interior options aside from black/grey for any spec. I caught an older review saying the white and saffron was a no cost option so I presume they've discontinued these now?

Seems a shame if they have, it was the one thing which added some character to the interior to raise it above a base spec Polo really! For all the concerns I see about white steering wheels the one in my BMW i3 is as good as new after 10k miles.
If it has been canned it could be down to lack of popularity, or a component shortage at whoever makes the dash mouldings?

I quite liked the look of it, but wouldn’t be brave enough to go for it, not that it was an option on any of the 1st Editions I picked from anyway!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it has been canned it could be down to lack of popularity, or a component shortage at whoever makes the dash mouldings?

I quite liked the look of it, but wouldn’t be brave enough to go for it, not that it was an option on any of the 1st Editions I picked from anyway!
Yeah, it's a bonus of leasing really - you can be a little braver as you don't have to sell on later! I did see some comments about preferring the white plastic parts as it doesn't show fingerprints like gloss black but from what I can see all the parts you touch are still gloss black. :cautious: I think if it was a no-cost option I'd go for it, but then I've gotten used to a funkier interior now and found the ID3 a little too safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts