Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Are you interested in getting the Kia e-Niro?

• Yes - I've already pre-ordered it

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Interested and still thinking of pre-ordering

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No longer interested

Votes: 9 24.3%
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've looked quite carefully at the "missing" features and I'm ok with all of them.
Remote connectivity is the only one I'd even care a bit about and even then my security background says it's really a feature not a problem :)
I'm "only" 3rd in the queue, so just hoping the delivery isn't many many months in the future.
Did you really mean feature not a problem? Or did you mean to say it’s a security problem, not a feature?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
After much consideration I cancelled my pre-order and got a refund on my £500 deposit. I think I would regularly feel disappointed at not waiting for some months for the rumoured update. So anyone in Cambridgeshire might like to contact EMG Kia Cambridge to see if they now have a "spare" car in their allocation ;-)
Very good of you to let everyone know there’s a spare allocation for someone. I’m going to hold off till early Jan before I fully decide. I had to go into MK to the Apple store, so afterwards swung by the MK Kia and Hyundai dealers who are next door to each other. Had another good look at Kona vs Niro phev versions. Niro still wins on build quality, space and seat comfort.

Reactions: Tim Ostler

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Did you really mean feature not a problem? Or did you mean to say it’s a security problem, not a feature?
I tried to imply by not having the feature, it meant there can't be a security problem.
Security is hard.
It was late in the day.... :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
After much consideration I cancelled my pre-order and got a refund on my £500 deposit. I think I would regularly feel disappointed at not waiting for some months for the rumoured update. So anyone in Cambridgeshire might like to contact EMG Kia Cambridge to see if they now have a "spare" car in their allocation ;-)
Given the allocation for the whole of next year is 700 (presumably of the current configuration), you could well be waiting until 2020, by which time there will likely be something else due on the market in the next 12 months.....

Unfortunately EV's are more akin to the tech sector than the ICE car market as the technology is moving so fast; there's always something on the horizon.

But, yeah, there's absolutely no point in spending £33k on a depreciating asset unless you're going to be 100% happy with it.

My view with the Kona is that I'll have had at least a couple of years in it before there's anything that I'll be interested in to replace it (much less afford).

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,860 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset another forum member but had no idea at the time that you were on here. They are going to order as early a poss so I hope they get two cars through really early on.

But, yeah, there's absolutely no point in spending £33k on a depreciating asset unless you're going to be 100% happy with it.
I've never had a car I'm 100% hapy with. I'm just going for the one that suits me best, as I've always done.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset another forum member but had no idea at the time that you were on here. They are going to order as early a poss so I hope they get two cars through really early on.

I've never had a car I'm 100% hapy with. I'm just going for the one that suits me best, as I've always done.
Quite agree, no such thing as 100% car, everyone is a compromise, it’s just a matter of deciding what you can live with or without!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Haha no problem! I'm pretty sure that we will both be satisfied.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just paid my £250 refundable deposit to GWR Kia in London. Will now wait and see what happens...how many they get assigned, what the actual specification is (as depending where you look it is different) and if the pricing on the Tesla M3 gets announced before delivery.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just paid my £250 refundable deposit to GWR Kia in London. Will now wait and see what happens...how many they get assigned, what the actual specification is (as depending where you look it is different) and if the pricing on the Tesla M3 gets announced before delivery.
How did you manage to pay a deposit? They said they are not accepting deposits

21 - 32 of 32 Posts