Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, got a Zero FXS for the mostly daily commute from the edge of the Peak District into Derby or Nottingham, even to Loughborough and Leicester in the heights of summer.
Having said that I quite often cycle to all 4 locations too for the sheer hell of it 😂

·
Registered
816 Posts
Having said that I quite often cycle to all 4 locations too for the sheer hell of it 😂
Mentalist...

I jest. I'm a lapsed cyclist. Knee injury and now too much weight and not enough motivation to start again!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I keep looking at Zero bikes. Need a genuine 65 mile range, won’t do more than 70mph but 40 miles of my commute it’ll be pinned at 70. If I could get that for £5k or £90/month it would make sense. To be honest, doesn‘t have to be a Zero.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Will you guys allow test rides at this time of year? You're not too far away and a friend of mine is up them ways too.

I like the old Kawasaki you've got aswell!
Hi

Sorry its taken me so long to reply. Somehow didnt get notified of your reply.

Yes we allow test rides all year round. You and your friend are more than welcome to come and take a couple for a spin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I keep looking at Zero bikes. Need a genuine 65 mile range, won’t do more than 70mph but 40 miles of my commute it’ll be pinned at 70. If I could get that for £5k or £90/month it would make sense. To be honest, doesn‘t have to be a Zero.
Unfortunately with a budget of £5k you wont find an electric bike that will do that journey. Only things in that price range will be either maxing out at around 40-50 miles range, and a top speed of around 55mph. Absolute cheapest I would anticipate would be maybe £8-9k for a used Zero S or DS with either the ZF14.4 or ZF13 battery.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts