Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like lots of recent ID3 purchases on SpeakEV!
So let’s do a roll call of who is now a proud owner!!

Country, model, colour, interior, options, rims, tyres

Would be interesting!

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
242 Posts
58kWh 1st Edition in Manganese Grey with Black interior
19 inch Andoya rims (I think, I just googled yours and they look about right) with Bridgestone Turanza Eco Tyres.
No extras, just stock bar whatever lifeshine thing they put on for free.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
You'll need a spreadsheet if this takes off!
UK, Life 58, Stonewashed blue metallic, dark inside, +Andoya Alloys +HeatPump, Goodyear Efficient Grip 215/50 R19 93T

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,804 Posts
Interesting that people have ended up with a variety of tyres. I wonder why?
They will have various tyre supply contracts, and will likely just fit whatever is sitting in the wheel bay when they come to mate tyre and wheel together.

Mine has the Bridgestone’s on it, 19” Andoya alloys.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
540 Posts
UK
1st Edition (1st Plus as it's known in other countries)
Moonstone Grey
Black interior
No options, bought from stock
19" Andoya alloys
Goodyear tyres

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,025 Posts
Just arrived on Monday
ID3 Life
Manganese Grey
Light grey/ dark grey interior.
Heat pump
19" Alloys like the ones in Phlashman's picture
Goodyear tyres

No significant mileage so far.

Still working out which of the bells and whistles we don't have compared with the 1st edition that I test drove.

The list so far:-
Black rubber pedals - no pause and play symbols
No armrest or ski hatch in rear seat.
No puddle lights.
LED headlights similar to the Golf GTE. Non matrix. So no fancy welcoming "rolling eyes".

Still lots of pretty lights and unintelligible entertainment functions. Radio and phone stuff works well. It has wireless phone charging apparently but our phones are not that advanced.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,852 Posts
No puddle lights.
LED headlights similar to the Golf GTE. Non matrix. So no fancy welcoming "rolling eyes".
That's right for the Life. You don't have keyless entry or dual climate zones either.

Mine:

UK
Life 58kWh
Stonewashed blue
Dark/light grey interior
No options
18 steel rims
Bridgestone tyres

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,025 Posts
That's right for the Life. You don't have keyless entry or dual climate zones either.

Mine:

UK
Life 58kWh
Stonewashed blue
Dark/light grey interior
No options
18 steel rims
Bridgestone tyres
Yes. I am delighted not to have keyless entry as I think that it poses a security risk once the bad guys learn to decode it. There are also lots of reports of the car unlocking when you walk past it with the key in your pocket. I'd rather press a button.

According to the spec you're right about the dual zone climate control. I am happy without that as my natural habitat was a low spec Focus. The Golf GTE just gone had the dual zone system which was nice but we can live without it. There are still two sliders on the shelf under the infotainment screen!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just arrived on Monday
ID3 Life
Manganese Grey
Heat pump
Goodyear tyres

Still working out which of the bells and whistles we don't have compared with the 1st edition that I test drove.

No puddle lights.

Still lots of pretty lights and unintelligible entertainment functions. Radio and phone stuff works well. It has wireless phone charging apparently but our phones are not that advanced.
Reversing camera?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just arrived on Monday
ID3 Life
Manganese Grey
Heat pump
Goodyear tyres

No puddle lights.

I think the seats fabrics are quite different. 1st edition has velour microfibre covers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just picked up mine this morning, life spec having not been in or test driven one.

Initial impressions are that it drives really well, feels sorted engineering wise (no expert but I’ve driven alot of cars) size feels spot on for a sensible family car, big enough but not unwieldy for nipping around in. If the software holds together/promised updates stabilise things properly then I don’t think I’ll be hankering to use the ICE car bar the longest of journeys.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.