Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very competitive quote from Saga for renewing my Golf GTE insurance. So, now that I will get an ID3 Life in December, I went to them for a quote. After wrestling with their web site which would not give me a quote, I was directed to their telephone system and a very nice man discovered that none of their underwriters would quote on an ID 3 Life.

If you have one, who insured yours, please?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,774 Posts
Saga are awful. I used Compare the Market as they has the ID.3 on their model list. I got a good quote from General Accident.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got an amazing quote yesterday from LV on our incoming ID3. I use them already for the Tesla. Not claimed yet, but they understand EVs and also offer an emergency out-of-charge recovery service in the policy as standard.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,774 Posts
Hopefully not too far off topic, don't VW give 3 years emergency/breakdown service on the ID.3?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,132 Posts
Yes, I’m with LV for my ID.3 insurance, as I was with the e-Golf.

Hopefully not too far off topic, don't VW give 3 years emergency/breakdown service on the ID.3?
Yes, 3 years VW emergency/breakdown cover with the ID.3, a break with the norm for VW as it’s usually only 1 year.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Volkswagen insurance beat all other quotes for me by £100. They also have a guarantee that the next 2 years won't increase provided there are no changes.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll try LV next then. The point about the 3 year brreakdown cover is interesting as most insureres offer recovery as an optional extra. Will check with the dealer.
Onwards and upwards!

·
Registered
VW ID3 Life Pro Performance
169 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'll try LV next then. The point about the 3 year brreakdown cover is interesting as most insureres offer recovery as an optional extra. Will check with the dealer.
Onwards and upwards!
You could try Churchill as well they are Quite ev friendly I loved from LV to them this year. 👍

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 3 Slinky Silver, Renault Zoe R135GT
294 Posts
Also try Quotemehappy. Part of Aviva (who are also good for EVs)

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to LV in the end. Although they did not have the Life listed, I paid for insuring a 1st and they said they would put a note on my file and adjust my premium once the Life did appear on their list.

I was not holding my breath but I actually received a £26 refund last week.

Nice bit of customer service there!

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
279 Posts
Admiral have all the various specs online - know they don't have the best reputation, but they were competitively cheap for me, with 1 non-fault damage claim in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Aviva charged £17.50 for a three month swap from a Golf 7 GT. £15 of it was a charge for making the change!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Similar...£250 for wife and I - just into that age bracket at 40/41!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Who steals an EV? You'll never know how much charge it has and its impossible to charge a car for cash so there'll always be some sort of trace. It's not like pinching an S3, changing the plates, sticking a tenners worth in at the local Shell and setting fire to it an hour later.

Electric cars are a hassle to thieves and that's surely going to contribute to lower premiums.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts