Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very competitive quote from Saga for renewing my Golf GTE insurance. So, now that I will get an ID3 Life in December, I went to them for a quote. After wrestling with their web site which would not give me a quote, I was directed to their telephone system and a very nice man discovered that none of their underwriters would quote on an ID 3 Life.

If you have one, who insured yours, please?

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll try LV next then. The point about the 3 year brreakdown cover is interesting as most insureres offer recovery as an optional extra. Will check with the dealer.
Onwards and upwards!

·
Registered
Cupra Born V3 eboost due soon, Renault Zoe GTR135
210 Posts
Thanks everyone! I'll try LV next then. The point about the 3 year brreakdown cover is interesting as most insureres offer recovery as an optional extra. Will check with the dealer.
Onwards and upwards!
You could try Churchill as well they are Quite ev friendly I loved from LV to them this year. 👍

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to LV in the end. Although they did not have the Life listed, I paid for insuring a 1st and they said they would put a note on my file and adjust my premium once the Life did appear on their list.

I was not holding my breath but I actually received a £26 refund last week.

Nice bit of customer service there!

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS RWD
534 Posts
Admiral have all the various specs online - know they don't have the best reputation, but they were competitively cheap for me, with 1 non-fault damage claim in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Who steals an EV? You'll never know how much charge it has and its impossible to charge a car for cash so there'll always be some sort of trace. It's not like pinching an S3, changing the plates, sticking a tenners worth in at the local Shell and setting fire to it an hour later.

Electric cars are a hassle to thieves and that's surely going to contribute to lower premiums.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.