Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
the China pricing is always very confusing because the government there is constantly changing its subsidy policy. But at the moment on the website www.saicmg.com you can see a new ICE ZS starts at £9,600 (!), the EZS £14,400, but they don't sell MG5 EV in China, that bodystyle is sold as MG6 but only as a PHEV. this is typical of MG whose lineup tends to chop and change and vary considerably, they are still trying to get rid of RHD ICE MG3 hatchbacks here which they stopped selling in China years ago. As for price differences in China, you can watch a premier league game for 60p live whereas in the UK a now TV daypass is £10!
It is the Roewe i5 in China.

I think in other markets such as India and the Philippines it's an MG5.

The MG6 in China is a different car (and a better looking one) they didn't bring the newer MG6 to the UK (like the previous generation). It is Octavia sized (somewhere between a Mondeo and a Focus).

·
Registered
63 Posts
But will my Golden Retriever fit In it and can I get a dog guard so he does crush me if I have to stop suddenly?

When looking at new cars, does anyone else always look in the boot first? 👍 😃

·
Registered
181 Posts
When looking at new cars, does anyone else always look in the boot first? 👍 😃
Yep that's why the last car I bought was a Skoda went to look at an Octavia Estate but in the end got a Rapid as I decided we didn't need enough boot space to fit a whole cow in!!

Looking forward to seeing how the 5 matches up should be good hopefully the price is right.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
We all love the full glass roof, the blind is rarely closed. Lets so much light in (but not too much since its tinted), interior is light and airy for it. Kids are always looking up out of it.
My three year old grand daughter went in the rear of our ZS EV last week.
The glass was covered in water after a overnight shower, she spotted the glass roof straight away !.
She was absolutely fascinated watching the rain move around the glass and off the back of the car as we pulled away.
I watched her looking up at the glass for almost the entire trip.
I think she would love it at night time, watching the stars !.
Sun roof for the win !.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
My three year old grand daughter went in the rear of our ZS EV last week.
The glass was covered in water after a overnight shower, she spotted the glass roof straight away !.
She was absolutely fascinated watching the rain move around the glass and off the back of the car as we pulled away.
I watched her looking up at the glass for almost the entire trip.
I think she would love it at night time, watching the stars !.
Sun roof for the win !.
Been a game changer for me. Kids don't look out their "own" window, it usually leads to travel sickness. They'll lean into the middle to look out the windscreen. And that's what they always did in my Zoe. But now when we drive into town or along tree lined roads they just gaze up the whole time, must be magical for them.

Reactions: Neilew and Carty

·
Registered
558 Posts
Meh. Never give the kids an incentive to be in the car :)

We had one in a previous car, they thought it was interesting the first time they got in it, after that the blind was shut permanently.

If my wife had a choice, the car would be totally stripped down of everything, wind up windows, plastic washable floors, nothing to break. Kids wreck cars!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
225xe has one - wouldn't miss it, neither would the kids: their noses are in their phones/Kindles/game devices!

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,963 Posts
Mine doesn’t either, but that’s because he has 4 legs, fur, and meows - so he travels in a carrier!

Reactions: booms

·
Registered
558 Posts
Only if you allow them to do so in my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, there will always be accidents when it comes to kids, but both of my children never “Wrecked” any of our cars.
I already get accused of being overprotective about the interior, but despite that, toddlers (and sometimes older) still smear snot into stuff and throw up everywhere and generally leave ominous stains in things.

Then there's the little "suprises" that get pushed into gaps and crevices where they get discovered, rotting, months later.

Not to mention the grit and dirt they grind into the back of seats with their feet and break off rear ventilation controls by "accidentally" stepping on them.

I'm sure if you are Mary Poppins you'd have a handle on this...

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,963 Posts
You’re not selling me on this “kids” thing

Reactions: Noraf142 and njm106

·
Registered
558 Posts
You’re not selling me on this “kids” thing
How about my teenager that when asked about the new Ioniq we got, said "it's very grey, and it stinks" (refering to the new car smell).

I just don't think there's the appreciation there to option up cars for kids.

I'm sure other people's kids are little darlings! Don't let it put you off :)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
We had one in a previous car, they thought it was interesting the first time they got in it, after that the blind was shut permanently.
Hard to look out the glass roof if you closed the blind second time they got in. "Here is the glass roof, and here is the blind that i'm closing over it!" :ROFLMAO:

accused of being overprotective about the interior,
I think your next comment makes it clear your not so protective of the interior. ;)
they get discovered, rotting, months later.
:ROFLMAO: Over protective would be cleaning it all the time surely?

it's very grey, and it stinks" (refering to the new car smell).
Well regards the Ioniq its a pretty succinct and accurate comment! The car is ultra grey inside! And new car stink might be mistaken from the regular stink of rotting stuff as mentioned above as presumed as a "normal" smell. :sick:

·
Registered
558 Posts
The blind got closed after the whining about it being too bright or "in my eyes" or some other complaint...you know how it is. Nobody asked again and everyone forgot about it. They'd have probably only broken it eventually anyway.

Plus, yes, it does get cleaned, but kids push things deep into places you never thought possible.

A few months back, in the Golf, I found a rotting carrot stick wedged in the hinge in between the double Ski flappy/arm rest thing. Or Lego man heads stuck in window switches. You basically have to dissemble the interior to find it all.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
The blind got closed after the whining about it being too bright or "in my eyes" or some other complaint...you know how it is. Nobody asked again and everyone forgot about it. They'd have probably only broken it eventually anyway.

Plus, yes, it does get cleaned, but kids push things deep into places you never thought possible.

A few months back, in the Golf, I found a rotting carrot stick wedged in the hinge in between the double Ski flappy/arm rest thing. Or Lego man heads stuck in window switches. You basically have to dissemble the interior to find it all.
Oh dear !.
Maybe I was lucky with BOTH of my two children, but I never had any of that to put up with.
Both my Mum & Dad where both very very hard working people, they never had a lot of money, but did take good care of what they spent their hard earned money on.
They expected us to treat what we had as a family in the correct way.
If I was bought a new bike for Christmas and then mistreated it, or never put it in the garage at night, I was under no mistake that that would be the last new bike I every received.
We all can be accused of spoiling our children that is true, but it is important that they understand the value of money as well.
When I see children laying on the floor of a shop and screaming their head's off because they can't have the latest toy, I just can not imagine what my Dad would think of that today.
My Dad never made a promise to myself or my brother that he could not keep, the first golden rule of being a parent he said !.
But when he said "NO" he very very rarely changed his mind.
Respect and good manners is quickly becoming a thing of the past it is sad to say.
I am equally as proud of both of my now grown up children, they have never delivered any problems to my front door, which in these difficult times is fantastic.
My three year old granddaughter paid us a visit yesterday, when she entered the house, she sat on the stairs and removed her shoes.
She then put both shoes side by side and place them neatly in the corner of the room.
"What's in the tree's, is also in the branches" my Dad use to say, bless him.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't forget, when you are down to 10% battery

"DAD ARE WE THERE YET"

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
too bright or "in my eyes" or some other complaint...you know how it is.
Roof glass on the roof of the MG is heavily tinted (the irony the sides ain't) so the kids want the blind back all the time. Although when I open up my roof the kids moan then because it is bright. I spent a couple of hundred quid getting the windows tinted and now the kids never complain. In fact my oldest has just progressed beyond a booster and gets to sit on real (fake) leather and he loves it, never been so comfortable he says.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Don't forget, when you are down to 10% battery

"DAD ARE WE THERE YET"
The teenager has enough battery anxiety on her own phone, gets cold sweats below 50%. So when she sees the car down to 30%, panic sets in, with calls of "are we going to break down!? We aren't going to make it are we??".

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,177 Posts
The teenager has enough battery anxiety on her own phone, gets cold sweats below 50%. So when she sees the car down to 30%, panic sets in, with calls of "are we going to break down!? We aren't going to make it are we??".
When our ,now college age, grandson was a toddler, he would do the same with the petrol gauge. Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts