Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Who's Lying to Me? Nissanconnect or the car?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Zeno 
#1 ·
Since NissanConnect EV came back I've noticed that my driving stats have plummeted.

I have a 30kwh car and remember earlier in the year before my TCU was replaced that there would sometimes be an entire day's worth of data missing from the driving history - which I imagine affected the m/kwh figures displayed in the driving history (and therefore your efficiency calculations?)

However, since ConnectEV returned after the hacking fixes there is consistently a discrepancy between the m/kwh figures shown for the relevant dates (under Driving Records or ECO-DRIVE evaluation) .

Example:

DAY 1
Get into car first thing in the morning and hit the Energy Efficiency reset button in Car Wings.
Drop the kids off, and come back home.
Repeat in the afternoon.
Note final efficiency number in car (in this case 5.6 miles/kwh, and the same number is displayed on the dash as is shown on the centre console screen).
Wait a day for the data to be uploaded.

DAY 2
Login to Nissan Connect (website or app - same results) first thing the following morning. Refresh stats
Final efficiency number for previous day is significantly less than displayed in the car... in this case .26kwh/mile but I reckon it should have been something like .178kwh/mile.

Is my maths incorrect or is one of these apps lying?

See less See more
#2 ·
Carwings was so bad at collecting sensible stats that I gave up on it very early on. I can't see that NissanConnect is any better so I would expect that NissanConnect is the one that is least accurate.

I don't use it any more.

Reactions: David Harvey
#3 ·
Thanks @Paul_Churchley - I'll just observe the in-car data then and drive accordingly.
BTW the tips you gave on (not) using ECO mode and your explanations of B mode have been incredibly helpful in improving my driving style and energy efficiency over the last few months. THANKS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.