Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife was in the garage at the washing machine, when she came back in she said there's a noise coming from the car, it was the ticking and fan running sound you get when the key is near the car but before you are in the proximity for the door to auto unlock.
Neither keycard was within 12 feet of the car :unsure: could this be a frequency from something else that's woken it?
Went out with keycard started and stopped car and it went back to sleep.

PS No charge cable plugged in

·
Registered
52 Posts
The fan running sound may be the cooling for the batteries. I'm not aware of any noise from the car when I approach with my key card but the thermostats on the battery cooling my decide that a bit more cooling is necessary if the car has been recently driven or charged. Is it a loud noise or a quiet but still audible sound?

Reactions: Mo1

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,273 Posts
My ZE50 From ONTO Made this ticking and buzzing sound the majority of the time while locked and parked for unknown reasons. It seemed 'normal' for it to do this and never seemed to cause problems like draining the 12v battery or anything like that so I mostly just ignored it and let it do it's thing. My ZE40 and earlier ZE22 never made these noises while parked up.

As for things that may have caused the car to wake up, I suppose anything on the same frequency could do that and confuse the car. It's not uncommon for car keys to run on 433MHz, and this is shared with other things like doorbells, remote gate/bollard/garage door openers, wireless security alarm remotes and sensors for example. There is quite a lot of stuff that may be around on that frequency in your average residential street.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
590 Posts
It's because she wanted to go for a drive.

At least, that's the way I feel about mine.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took her out today, first time for a while, she's off for a nap again now ;)

Reactions: AndrewC

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Zoe Devotee
9,306 Posts
Probably just another failed OTA update from Renault. I'd suggest turning off automatic updates and manually applying them when available.

Reactions: Mo1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts