Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe GT Line 2020
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't half of the queries here be sorted out if the Zoe ZE50 manual was half decent?
Preferably online, as they keep "tweaking" things.

As an example, where do I find out how to do something basic like use the headlights? Is the printed manual accurate, or is the online manual more up to date, or is the information posted on internet forums more accurate?

I've worked as an IT developer since the early 80s, and before the internet became popular finding information in badly written manuals was an essential skill - but the Zoe manual is bad by any standards!

I don't think the problem is unique to Zoe btw - my wife recently bought a Seat Arona and that manual is just as bad!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Totally agree, it would be easy enough to keep an online manual updated whereas anything that changes once a manual is printed is lost until the next version of manual is printed.
Having said that some of these videos may help with a a few issues NEW RENAULT ZOE (ENG) - YouTube

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
159 Posts
All manuals are generally crap, try finding tyre pressures in most:

Looking through the index.....R, S, ahh T is next, scanning down...... tyre pressures 1.23.4

Go to 1.23.4 and am greeted with some spiel about making sure tyre pressures are checked regularly, eco driving, adjusting them dependant on how many passengers and type of driving......... but no actual tyre pressure figures.

Sold a Toyota Yaris recently, we changed a couple of tyres, the tyre pressure warning light was on, looked in the usual places to re set it; trip computer, even the media system nope, nowhere.

Looked in the manual..... R, S ahh T is next.... tyre pressure warning 2.435.72.

Go to 2.435.72, load of words about the tyre pressure warning system, what it does, safety, wear, make sure pressures are correct etc (no actual pressures given or what page to find them on), then at the bottom it states that if a tyre is changed the light will come on and need to be re-set, that is it, no instructions on how to re-set.

Speak to a mechanic, "oh yeahh, there's a button under the dash, bring it in, I'll do it.... WTF, why just not state this in the manual.

Frustrating.

Oh headlights are on the indicator stalk!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I suspect the Renault (and Citroen & Peugeot) manuals are written by a Frenchman who learnt English at school. :)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,152 Posts
All manuals are generally crap, try finding tyre pressures in most:

Looking through the index.....R, S, ahh T is next, scanning down...... tyre pressures 1.23.4

Go to 1.23.4 and am greeted with some spiel about making sure tyre pressures are checked regularly, eco driving, adjusting them dependant on how many passengers and type of driving......... but no actual tyre pressure figures.

Sold a Toyota Yaris recently, we changed a couple of tyres, the tyre pressure warning light was on, looked in the usual places to re set it; trip computer, even the media system nope, nowhere.

Looked in the manual..... R, S ahh T is next.... tyre pressure warning 2.435.72.

Go to 2.435.72, load of words about the tyre pressure warning system, what it does, safety, wear, make sure pressures are correct etc (no actual pressures given or what page to find them on), then at the bottom it states that if a tyre is changed the light will come on and need to be re-set, that is it, no instructions on how to re-set.

Speak to a mechanic, "oh yeahh, there's a button under the dash, bring it in, I'll do it.... WTF, why just not state this in the manual.

Frustrating.

Oh headlights are on the indicator stalk!!
Tyre pressures are easy. They're almost always on a sticker on the door jamb. Figuring out which door on the other hand...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wouldn't half of the queries here be sorted out if the Zoe ZE50 manual was half decent?
Preferably online, as they keep "tweaking" things.

As an example, where do I find out how to do something basic like use the headlights? Is the printed manual accurate, or is the online manual more up to date, or is the information posted on internet forums more accurate?

I've worked as an IT developer since the early 80s, and before the internet became popular finding information in badly written manuals was an essential skill - but the Zoe manual is bad by any standards!

I don't think the problem is unique to Zoe btw - my wife recently bought a Seat Arona and that manual is just as bad!
Just press buttons and see what happens like our users do anyway ;)

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
256 Posts
How about that the French didn't bother to put the key barrel on the driver door (UK cars)? 😂😂😂
The first time I realised that, if I want to open the door with a key I need to go to THE OTHER side of the car...I burst laughing.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
How about that the French didn't bother to put the key barrel on the driver door (UK cars)? 😂😂😂
The first time I realised that, if I want to open the door with a key I need to go to THE OTHER side of the car...I burst laughing.
Ha. Just looked at the Fluence, and it's the same on that!

Also, the boot keyhole is covered by a British numberplate, so you have to use the remote for that. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts