Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,096 Posts
Is this fake news? I just googled "tesla semi fire", and got 1 hit from Sept 2019 showing a semi-trailer on fire destroying 5 Teslas & a Subaru. Cause was a fault in the trailer itself, apparently.

What's the source of the pic above, and how does it relate to electric vehicles please? Reference needed. Petrol cars are catching fire all over the place, all the time.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
To be fair, the original title doesn't mention Tesla. I assumed it might be intended to refer to the best-known semi discussed on here, so included Tesla in my search. Perhaps I shouldn't have done, and it appears I assumed wrongly. Thinking a bit more about it, I don't think there are many Tesla semis on the roads yet, just a few doing testing/PR/whatever.

What the relevence is in a Ev forum I don't know. Brake-checking is a silly & dangerous thing to do in any vehicle under any circumstances I suspect. Electric or not.

· Registered
6,096 Posts
Yup, am well aware of that sandwich feeling! When I get caught up by another hgv, I let them pass, then hope for a space to grow ahead , then overtake & transfer to the faster hgv. Doesn't always go to plan, sometimes that gap was out of my sight, when I overtake there's no safe space for me, so I then have to speed past and hunt down a possibly distant hgv! Or, some other car over took behind the faster hgv, sat behind them after, and is already using the space I'd planned to grab! So then there's 2 of us hypermiling...😃

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.