Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have found out the reason the app shows 0 consumed when you view the daily data. (sorry if it's common knowledge but wasn't to me)

It seems to be because it will display 0 until you have used up the previous charge. There is a logic to it.

I charged up last sunday 00:30 - 04:30 from 63 to 100% which took 22kwh.
On saturday before I charged I'd used 3.92kw + 1.44 from regens.

On sunday, after charging and driving 29miles, I'd used zero.

All week every day showed zero consumption until this morning when the SOC dropped below 63% and it showed I'd used 2.6kw + 1kwh from regens.

So until you have used up your previous charge, you will see 0 consumed. Then when you start using the remaining capacity before the last charge, it will show actual daily consumption.

That's my theory anyway and it will be in tatters if I can't see my daily consumption until my next charge!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well my theory failed.
All was well after the charge two weeks ago, with a daily consumed value shown until last sunday, when it was zero, yet I had not done any charging.

All last week the daily consumed kwh was zero.

I charged up to 97% on friday night yet today, the daily consumption was displayed - 5.77kwh and 19miles.

It's bizzare.:confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well my theory failed.
All was well after the charge two weeks ago, with a daily consumed value shown until last sunday, when it was zero, yet I had not done any charging.

All last week the daily consumed kwh was zero.

I charged up to 97% on friday night yet today, the daily consumption was displayed - 5.77kwh and 19miles.

It's bizzare.:confused:
It was a lovely theory @farmergiles , cleverly devised and wonderfully outlined. I did wonder if it might be cobblers though :) .

My app occasionally registers no consumption for seemingly no reason too, and Mrs DuRam's new Leaf hasn't registered a single kilowatt used all week since she bought it. After a problem I had with mine in the autumn where it took nearly two months to right itself, I just think the app goes through these phases of 'down-ness'. I quite like the app but it doesn't seem to manage updates or refreshes very well.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a lovely theory @farmergiles , cleverly devised and wonderfully outlined. I did wonder if it might be cobblers though :) .

My app occasionally registers no consumption for seemingly no reason too, and Mrs DuRam's new Leaf hasn't registered a single kilowatt used all week since she bought it. After a problem I had with mine in the autumn where it took nearly two months to right itself, I just think the app goes through these phases of 'down-ness'. I quite like the app but it doesn't seem to manage updates or refreshes very well.
Yes, cobblers thanks to Nissan.
Once again no consumption for the 5miles driven this morning.

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
The app data on my 2011 leaf has never been correct, its a bit pointless I think, especially the eco rankings and “tree counting”.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I can't fathom it either.

Today I checked March's data.

If the app is correct, I used 120kw to drive 485 miles, or 4miles/kwh and of this 120kw, 51 was from regeneration and 70kwh was consumed.

The cost being £3.48 or three, 4hour overnight charges amounting to about 78kwh. I'm sure I have done more than that. Or the Leaf is exceptionally good at recovering energy from regeneration. (I do use e-pedal)

My actual miles/kwh this month has rarely been above 3.6 according to the dash readout.
I'm down to 14% and 31mile range and plan to charge up to 100% when I reach 10% this afternoon. Distance travelled since SOc was 97% is 160miles ( using 83%)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts