Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my car on charge (limited to 80%). I've done this before and when it gets to 80%, the car stops charging, but I left the charger as usual (so I could do the scheduled charge). I went on the app tonight (to play with the scheduled charging) and next to 'battery' it says warning. I can’t click on it to get any more information.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Your 12v battery is very low and needs charging. Start to charge the car this should replenish the 12v battery.

May be worth checking that the doors and especially the tailgate is shut properly. There have been reports of the tailgate showing as locked but not completely latched which keeps the car awake.
Another issue has been door electrics getting wet which also keeps the car awake, has it been raining where you are? Have you had any Bluelink warnings that the car is not locked?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes its been raining, but not massively (it rains a lot here, so if it can’t cope with this...). What I don’t understand is that the car was on charge (from 30-80%). I actually unplugged it about an hour after I got the 'reached charge limit' notification because I was worried that the warning meant that it might be overheating.

Wierdly, I refreshed once and the battery said 0%, then I refreshed and it said 79%, so something’s going on.

·
Registered
EU base model with heat pump Sept '18
562 Posts
Google and purchase a BM-2 Battery Monitor and your understanding of your auxiliary battery's condition will increase dramatically.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wierdly, I refreshed once and the battery said 0%, then I refreshed and it said 79%, so something’s going on.
Bluelink does that occasionally. It's probably down to intermittent WiFi connection by the car. A bit scarey when it first happens, but just refresh and all is good.

Keep an eye out for the yellow light in the "H" logo on the front bumper. It should come on every 4 hours or so to let you know it's charging the 12V battery from the traction battery.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes mine does this quite often, nothing to worry about just refresh and it will display correctly.
Regarding the warning. I don't think the battery is very low, probably just low. Mine displayed the same after a recall that took a couple of hours. I cleared it by starting and leaving the car to run for about 15 minutes. I believe running it in utility mode would have the same effect.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Whenever opening the Bluelink app the car is displaying the information that the car last uploaded to the server. If you have not used the car for a couple of days and not refreshed Bluelink in that time it can be days old. Always refresh Bluelink if you want up to date information.
As per the 12v battery warning in Bluelink it does not refresh like all the other data. This feature was added sometime last year and does not seem to work the same as the original stuff.
As you say you charged the car it is still showing red. That is quite possible because I don't think that this warning updates until you have a driving session and the car fully syncs with the server. So it is possible the battery is now OK. Another 'feature' with this warning if your battery is really low or flat the warning section just disappears from app and may not return until days later after the battery has been charged

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
590 Posts
My Ioniq 38 was fine for 8 months then the 12v started failing and one of the 4-5 times this happened the pass doors were unlocked and the drivers side locked when I came to it with a flat 12v. This one time the pass door electrics had flagged an error code and and I was told by the dealer that water droplets were bridging across unprotected electrical pins on the door electrics mechanisms and keeping the car awake. Mine was in the dealer 4 times+one new battery because of this. The door electrics have now been waterproofed by coating the exposed pins in mastic. Either a very poor design or something was missed on the production line.
If you come out to a car with a flat 12v, check the doors to see if some are locked and some unlocked. If so then voila.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts