1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You could spend all day answering the questions on that - I was starting to quite twitchy at all the usual suppositions!
It just shows just how much ignorance (in a non-aggressive way, I mean - simple lack of understanding/knowledge) there is to overcome.

They mentioned the £7.50 Chargemaster cost, but assumed that applied to the Ecoticity rapids...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't see why PH is an "unlikely" place. They have a forum dedicated to EVs and plenty of evangelical i3 owners (myself included!)

·
Registered
394 Posts
The 'progress' on PH over the last 12 months or so has been fantastic. Rather than repeating myself here's a link to a post I made about this a few weeks ago

https://speakev.com/threads/bmw-i3-wins-overall-car-of-the-year-2014-award.1368/#post-10407

There used to be a few members on there that were on an absolute mission to rubbish EV's. Any thread that was started on the subject quickly turned into a quagmire with the same old incorrect arguments being repeated but this just isn't happening any more.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
On one hand owners of magazines, forums, websites, publications, TV shows will go with the money and the tide, so the increasing EV sales will lead to them being more in favour of EVs and EV coverage.

On another, there will always be car enthusiasts who actually really like electric driving (I'd count me in that group) and they will also help push EVs on the agenda in a more positive way.

Combine points one and two (and they will often overlap) and I can only see EVs being taken more seriously and treated more equally over time, which is a brilliant thing.

Lots of folk on PH are car people, car people should be EV people too (at least in passing interest, if not "enthusiasts") or they are NOT true "car people"... so it's bound to have an increasing overlap into the world of electric vehicles. Which is really good so far as I can see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts