Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have drove 6300 miles in my mk1 Leaf in five Months with a maximum range of a round 75 miles before charging for returning home, not done a long distance journey were i have used the car for a 140 miles oneway and then return home just used an oil burner, but then there are so many more chargers now along the M1 so thats great new need chargers along the M62, A1 and more in Yorkshire. The new Leaf Tekna is a great all around improvement buy with the 6.6kv charger it makes all the difference, yesterday came home with 25 miles left but needed to go back out within an hour and would need around 45 miles for my next journey came home put on charge (32amp charger) left 50 minutes latter charge back unto 65miles fantastic would have taken 2 hours in older Leaf. The preheating heated seat steering wheel are great and the heater opperates fine driving all day with heater and seats on low steering wheel 70 miles no problem, driving in B mode is great as you don't have to apply the brakes much at all, the ride quality is a vast improvement so is having Bose. Loving it and getting used to the handbrake it's not so bad.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
So do you find the difference between the Mk1 and 2nd gen to be very noticeable, not just in range but in general "ownership"? We drove a mk1, but bought a new model, so can't compare the ownership experience ourselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts