Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be a number of ZOE's meeting up at Leicester Forest East services tomorrow afternoon (northbound).
As I have (made) an excuse to head south for the day, I'll be there. Hopefully the weather will be kind enough for a decent photo or two.
Seriously, if you're heading north tomorrow afternoon and need a charge say hi and I'm sure we'll make way for you!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Tim.

What time are you expecting to be at LFE?

Just to note the southbound chargers are also accessible if people are travelling that way as both sides are connected. Each side has two rapids and a 3 phase 7kw charger so space for 6 Zoe's charging at once (3 each side of the services).

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Appmacguy there will be a few Zoe's kicking about from 1430

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Great to see so many Zoe's together at LFE services on the M1. Another turned up from Renault Leicester not long after this was taken.
Nice, but I should imagine any unsuspecting Leaf driver who turned up would have had a heart attack...

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Great to see so many Zoe's together at LFE services on the M1. Another turned up from Renault Leicester not long after this was taken.
All 6 of the Zoe's in the UK turned up at once?? :eek: :p

Reactions: Paul

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, but I should imagine any unsuspecting Leaf driver who turned up would have had a heart attack...
Indeed. There was a leaf driver there as the first Zoes pulled up. He didn't get out of the car whilst he charged :(
I don't think we looked intimidating, and i hope that he got enough juice to get wherever he was heading, before the small invasion started;)

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
[QUOTE="tim_battersby, post: 58719, member: 366"He didn't get out of the car whilst he charged :([/QUOTE]

There's quite a few EV owners like this, they want nothing to with other drivers.

Fair enough, although it does seem a little awkward at times.

·
Registered
916 Posts
[QUOTE="tim_battersby, post: 58719, member: 366"He didn't get out of the car whilst he charged :(
There's quite a few EV owners like this, they want nothing to with other drivers.

Fair enough, although it does seem a little awkward at times.[/QUOTE]
EV Cliques already?!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
EV Cliques already?!:eek:
Ah it may not be that, occasionally I am sat in my car charging and see someone pull up and start charging, but I genuinely want to get on with some email, or maybe I'm just not having a very good day. On those occasions if someone wants my attention I'm sure they'll tap on the window (that's what I do if I want to speak to the driver) so leave it up to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts