Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the Corsa-E and Grandland PHEV come to market, will these positively effect Ampera servicing?

Was the training provided for the Ampera vehicle specific or was it a generically applicable High Voltage training?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The Amp was a GM product so I imagine the techs at the time had both general HV and Ampera training, The new ones are Peugeot so the same will apply, HV + Peugeot training. I wonder if Vx will loosen the chains and allow all dealers to count the wheels of the ampera's now and fill the washbottles. I'll certainly ask once the Corsa's appear.
I have <3 years to go on the forced servicing (Voltec warrenty) once thats up then I'll be looking around, The local HEVRA folks look ok for the long term.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The situation was all about the some spanner monkey breaking a ten year old car and vauxhall having to provide a new one. (which is impossible, not even an equivalent exists*)

Don't think the amp was profitable, it was simply data point for gms ev drivetrain r n d.

*cost 120mpg to run.
0-30 in 3 seconds.
350mile range.
Large enough to fit a child's wardrobe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have <3 years to go on the forced servicing (Voltec warrenty) once thats up then I'll be looking around, The local HEVRA folks look ok for the long term.
Sounds like you decided to keep it after all. Good choice I think!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sounds like you decided to keep it after all. Good choice I think!
Seems so, looking hard, the Amp is still ahead of the current crop of EV's on the market IMO, the one I nearly bought, an Ioniq doesn't do preheating!. I do like defrosting the car when having breakfast. The 5th seat when needed will be hired with a car as and when.
Still have my thoughts on a MY though when it appears. A hatch I find necessary for a general purpose car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts