Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the Corsa-E and Grandland PHEV come to market, will these positively effect Ampera servicing?

Was the training provided for the Ampera vehicle specific or was it a generically applicable High Voltage training?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The Amp was a GM product so I imagine the techs at the time had both general HV and Ampera training, The new ones are Peugeot so the same will apply, HV + Peugeot training. I wonder if Vx will loosen the chains and allow all dealers to count the wheels of the ampera's now and fill the washbottles. I'll certainly ask once the Corsa's appear.
I have <3 years to go on the forced servicing (Voltec warrenty) once thats up then I'll be looking around, The local HEVRA folks look ok for the long term.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The situation was all about the some spanner monkey breaking a ten year old car and vauxhall having to provide a new one. (which is impossible, not even an equivalent exists*)

Don't think the amp was profitable, it was simply data point for gms ev drivetrain r n d.

*cost 120mpg to run.
0-30 in 3 seconds.
350mile range.
Large enough to fit a child's wardrobe.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Sounds like you decided to keep it after all. Good choice I think!
Seems so, looking hard, the Amp is still ahead of the current crop of EV's on the market IMO, the one I nearly bought, an Ioniq doesn't do preheating!. I do like defrosting the car when having breakfast. The 5th seat when needed will be hired with a car as and when.
Still have my thoughts on a MY though when it appears. A hatch I find necessary for a general purpose car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts