Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
No. No it wont.

I feel really strongly about this, but "people" it seems, collectively, are morons and we're just going to have to deal with that, and our children even more so.

Really feel like either a) Heading to the hills and manning the barricades or b) Moving somewhere where snow storms are increasingly likely, because I love snow.

·
Leaf lover
4,809 Posts
Climate change is a world problem and whilst there is some degree of togetherness among the nations of the world I do feel that we need a front runner. A nation that sets down its own ambitious plans to negate the effect us humans have on our planet.
To do so would require certain measures that would be unpopular for their own people for a number of years and then be deemed selfish by other nations in decades to come.
I don’t see the UK’s population isolating themselves in such a way but my candidate would be Australia. Not only would such a leading nation need to show that a progressive economy was feasible whilst it’s people reduced their impact on the climate but also to do so with a stabilised population volume.
There was lecture not many months ago on the tv where it was optimistically shown that the worlds population would stabilise around the 11 billion mark. I was not impressed because climate change is happening now and whilst we continue to pretend size does not matter it is near impossible to get individuals to see their roll in their impact on the planet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts