Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

Im currently loving my renault zoe however my pcp is up in june this year.

1. Will renault offer me a deal on extending the pcp?
2. Have they finally realised hundreds are heading back their way unless they do something?
3. After owning the car (leasing) it for 6months ive always wanted to keep it but i dont want to pay the gmfv or even a lower amount and be paying for the life of the car the battery rental (prices which they can change at their will, down the line whats stopping them requesting £200 p/m absolutely nothing), i would hope/like a buy out option for the battery say 2-3k kind of like nissan current have with the leaf. (Price estimate may be miles out)

Anyone who has returned their car, what have you gone for after the zoe?

·
Registered
918 Posts
hi everyone

2. Have they finally realised hundreds are heading back their way unless they do something?
3. After owning the car (leasing) it for 6months ive always wanted to keep it but i dont want to pay the gmfv or even a lower amount and be paying for the life of the car the battery rental (prices which they can change at their will, down the line whats stopping them requesting £200 p/m absolutely nothing), i would hope/like a buy out option for the battery say 2-3k kind of like nissan current have with the leaf. (Price estimate may be miles out)

My pcp was ending in June just like it's but I'd already completed my 24000 miles so called them and they won't ok car way.. saved me 6 mnths battery rental.. went for a leaf 30 instead.. more room more range! Renault will offer u the standard options like any other pcp, none of which was attractive. Battery cannot b bought.. u continue renting for life.. I thinks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
My pcp was ending in June just like it's but I'd already completed my 24000 miles so called them and they won't ok car way.. saved me 6 mnths battery rental.. went for a leaf 30 instead.. more room more range! Renault will offer u the standard options like any other pcp, none of which was attractive. Battery cannot b bought.. u continue renting for life.. I thinks!
What was your difference in range, and were you in a Q210 or R240?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
hi everyone

On the PCP side they will offer you the standard options:

• Walk away and hand the car back (which is what everyone does with Zoes)
  • Buy the car outright (crazy, given the size of the balloon)
  • Finance the balloon as a 4 year HP (see previous)
They won't offer a new PCP.

On the battery rental side if you keep the car they will extend the rental contract on the same terms you have now. If you don't, they won't.

That's it.

I'm on the brink of buying a 2 year old Zoe that's practically identical to the one I handed back last week, except that it's £3,500 cheaper than the GFV on my PCP was.

I really wanted to try something different but ultimately the i3 is just too expensive for a car that I only use as a station runabout, and the Leaf is just too ugly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
please see my new thread in relation to this in the Renault zoe section....ive bean offered to keep my car at market value £6,000 2yr old

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seems to be the case Ben

I rang to cancel mine early today (details for a different thread) during the discussion I mentioned this gap and the chap at the other end said they are offering solutions to that, so seems an offer will become the norm

I didn't follow it up so didn't get into figures as handing mine back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts