Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of signing up for V2G. Have a leaf as a second car and now thinking about an etron as the main family car and going all EV.

i realise the trial is just supported with the leaf but will the supplied V2G charger work with an etron. Not for exporting but just for charging or do I need to install a second separate charger?

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Hi @mabell1980

As @cah197 has advised above, the eTron uses CCS rather than the CHAdeMO standard, and therefore the V2G Unit plug isn't compatable.

You're not the only one in this situation - trialists who are looking to futureproof additional vehicles that may not be CHAdeMO have joined the V2G Trial and chosen the Free Smart Charger option as part of our EV Everywhere bundle. The Smart Charger is available both as a tethered and untethered option.

You may want to contact our team, and they'll happily talk through the options available:

Email: [email protected]
Call: 0330 102 7423

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi @mabell1980

As @cah197 has advised above, the eTron uses CCS rather than the CHAdeMO standard, and therefore the V2G Unit plug isn't compatable.

You're not the only one in this situation - trialists who are looking to futureproof additional vehicles that may not be CHAdeMO have joined the V2G Trial and chosen the Free Smart Charger option as part of our EV Everywhere bundle. The Smart Charger is available both as a tethered and untethered option.

You may want to contact our team, and they'll happily talk through the options available:

Email: [email protected]
Call: 0330 102 7423
Thanks, just to clarify, I assume would be in addition to the V2G charger not in replace of (so will have 2 chargers at home? One that can export and one that cannot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts