Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model S, Ford Transit Flt Bed (Smiths), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Vectrix VX-1, Aixam Mega City
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to email WCC to get the precise locations of their new RCs and a status update. I'll be plotting them on Plugshare when the gen arrives...

Have they made the same mistakes as Hampshire?

·
Registered
Tesla Model S, Ford Transit Flt Bed (Smiths), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Vectrix VX-1, Aixam Mega City
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dad! Here we go again!

Yet again, a complete lack of intelligence has been used to site these rapid chargers (just like Hampshire and just like Essex). All of them are with a few miles of each other rather than spread over the county and none are right on principal routes where they are actually needed. Instead they are tucked away in the middle of built up areas where no-one will be able to get to them during peak hours or will want to get to them outside peak hours. No thought has been given to siting either, with reference to neighbouring counties rapid charging facilities. Who on earth is running this utter farce?!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I have them from another media piece although the Warminster one appears to be wrong as it comes up in Crockerton Ponds..!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If you look at the press release featuring the Baroness she appears to have little idea of anything other than what a good photo opportunity it was.
May I suggest that those with a strong opinion send a suitably worded letter to the Baroness, perhaps copied to the local newpapers! So far she has ignored my comments, but she cannot ignore everyone. Press releases can be a two way thing.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Press release from Chargemaster, highlighting my own. ;)

Minister for Transport, Baroness Kramer, has officially opened the UK's latest rapid charging network for electric vehicles, installed by Chargemaster across six sites in Wiltshire.

The RAPID EV network has been set up by Wiltshire Council and part-funded by the government's Office for Low Emission Vehicles. The charging points, located in public car parks in Salisbury, Melksham, Warminster, Trowbridge, Corsham and Chippenham, can provide an 80% charge to an electric car in around 20 minutes.

Each charging point is 'triple-standard' with three separate plugs to connect to the widest possible range of electric vehicles, including a DC 44kw CHAdeMO plug, a DC 44kW CCS Combi plug and an AC 43kW Type 2 plug. All six RAPID EV charge points are free for EV drivers to use, with only normal parking charges applying at each of the sites.

Transport Minister Baroness Kramer said: "More and more people are switching to plug-in vehicles, with more than 5,000 sold in the last three months. We need the right infrastructure to keep building that momentum. Providing charge points like these means people can be confident that they can charge their car when they are out and about."

David Martell, Chargemaster CEO, said: "As the UK's largest provider of EV charging infrastructure, we are delighted to have worked with Wiltshire Council to deliver the new RAPID EV charge point network. The sites will not only serve local electric car drivers, but will also benefit those travelling from further afield on business or for leisure."

Councillor Horace Prickett from Wiltshire Council said: “We’re really excited to have these new charge points in Wiltshire, not only to help local residents to reduce their fuel consumption with an ultra-low emission vehicle, but also to attract EV drivers from all over the country to enjoy our fantastic tourist attractions and the local facilities around each location.”

All RAPID EV charging points are linked to Chargemaster's national POLAR network, with access via the POLAR charging card, as well as smartphone APP based access via www.polarinstant.com.

Locations:
  • Melksham: King Street SN12 6HB
  • Trowbridge: Duke Street BA14 8AE
  • Corsham Post Office Lane: SN13 0BS
  • Salisbury: Brown Street SP1 1HE
  • Warminster: Station Road BA12 8AE
  • Chippenham Gladstone Road: SN15 3DW

·
Registered
Kona SE
964 Posts
Three now on Polar map, Melksham, Trowbridge and Warminster (Sorry but haven't mastered pasting screenshots yet) and showing as £0.00:D.
shhh;)

Of course price is irrelevant of you cannot get them to recognise a card.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.