Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been trying out the window opening/closing with the key.

If you press and hold the "open" symbol, the door will open and if you wait a short while (still holding down the "open" symbol) all the windows will open fully.

If I press the "lock" symbol and hold, the windows do not close.

Is this the same for you?

The only way I found to close the windows in this case is to power the car on and use the drivers door switches to close them all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good morning Ray,

It's nice to know the same quirky feature we have here on the Chevrolet Volt made it across the Atlantic. This is a "feature" of the car and not an aberration. It appears modeled after the idea that on a hot day as you approach the car you would want cooling breezes to dissipate the built up heat in the car. I assume the thinking is once you have activated this feature the cars security is no longer the issue and only how many windows you wish to leave down for cooling and as such there is no reason to have them all go up at the same time.

Something else we have which you may encounter is the soft horn beep going off three times in quick succession when you do nothing more then get in the car to start it with the key fob on your person. It doesn't happen often enough for me to find a pattern so I can't tell you what to do to change it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really strange because all the other Vauxhall's I have owned allow you to shut the windows with the key as part of the security of leaving the car. Useful if you have a passenger (as I do sometimes) that *insists* on opening a window and rarely closing it when they get out of the car - sigh...

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
I find the 'disable windows' button useful for those types of passenger ;-)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I understand the auto-close windows feature requires the windows to have Jam/obstruction cut-out sensors, in order to prevent accidents/injury. As only the drivers window has this sensor only the drivers window can be auto closed, so the key close feature is not installed.

Another corner cut and 12p saved, but disappointment raised.

P.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I have often come out after a rough and tumble session with my kids to find my allmy windows open.
Is there a way to turn this feature off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts