Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is well known, I’m half expecting rtfm comments :ROFLMAO: I found out by accident.

If you hold down the rear windows button until it flashes, you can control all four windows with a single toggle, left or right. Thought that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,120 Posts
Can you close (or open) all windows from the key fob? (long press of the close or open button)

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
359 Posts
Allow me... RTFM ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Think it’s an option on one of the settings - then either a long hold or double press on the key open drops all four windows.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,732 Posts
Yesterday I discovered that you can leave a window open and remotely lock the car with the fob. Mirrors fold and everything. Probably doesn't flash the indicators but I never noticed.

Slightly alarming since it was totally unintended.

My Life doesn't have the keyless entry so I thought it was more secure. But clearly not idiot proof!

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
519 Posts
You have to go into the settings to enable opening and shutting of the windows via the fob, its under the options for central locking in the vehicle section of the menu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yes it works on all ID3 and 4
hold it down until it flashes

its great

an example of why electronic control and virtual switches are much better then physical switches.
I am opposed to the majority of car journalists apparently in this view

1 - 12 of 12 Posts