Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following stone chip down near the edge of the screen which I originally thought I have go away with, but has turned into a rather large crack across the screen and requires it to be changed :(

Any thoughts on the above, I know they are national and may be different, will be using one somewhere between Reading and Slough for convenience, would welcome recommendations or indeed horror stories to be avoided.

AP1 pre-facelift car so the AP camera is involved as understand it so slightly more complex that a straight swap, hence the question.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm sure the only thing any windscreen company will need is the registration number and they will find the correct windscreen.
Similar to car parts websites where you just insert the reg number for any part

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm sure the only thing any windscreen company will need is the registration number and they will find the correct windscreen.
Similar to car parts websites where you just insert the reg number for any part
should need...

Give them the part number, the only people who can take a VIN and determine the glass fitted are Tesla themselves, there are something like 8 different MS screens in use in the UK, and I wouldn't bank on tthe Tesla service being brilliant as Autoglass can't ring them.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, will sort it out in the coming weeks, excess it £190, which i am sure is significantly less that the headline invoice cost, MOT due in December so not much time to put it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts