Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the obvious cut and paste answer, am I missing something or is this just a lie in every classified ad for an Ampera

They aren't smart and aren't automatic....well apart from being able to change the time on intermittent. I've had this function on previous cars but not on the Ampera or am I missing something

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Nope, they're neither smart nor automatic. I must admit I've not seen any ads offering this but then I was looking at new ones...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at the main dealers second hand one all listed with this function......

But then again the sales bumf I got when looking even talked about front camera sign recognition and lane drifting alarm

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
That's the American spec vehicles, which come with options like speed limit recognition. That's why there's a large black box stuck to the top of the windscreen - it's empty in our cars but the US ones have (as an option) a forward-facing camera or two.

It's not listed on the official Ampera website:

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/ampera/specifications/models.html

However, you're right, it does show up on the dealers' websites like Drive Vauxhall's!

http://www.drivevauxhall.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-vauxhall-ampera-electron-auto-hatchback-crystal-red-automatic-electric-ID_1852462152412.aspx?COGManufacturer=Vauxhall&COGModel=Ampera#.U_CLg2OK05Y

'Smart' could (charitably) refer to the wipers automatically sweeping when you press the washer button, but they're definitely not automatic...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The camera stuff is mention in the sales brochure that you get from the main dealer....well it was in one I read....can't find it now grrrrrr.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Haha :) Yeah I remember it popping up somewhere, but I'm sure it fell into the category of "only on some models" but it's irritating it's mentioned, but not possible to order it in the UK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts