Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 40 69
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a quirk where the window mirrors do not unfoldon unlocking if you have something in the 12 volt lighter socket?

I've been wondering why they don't automatically unfold until i decided in keeping with the spirit of the cars complete randomness to try unplugging the usb charger, and hey presto automatic unfolding mirrors.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,226 Posts
No. I hadn't. So that might suggest the mirror unfolding failing might be related to lowish 12v battery level perhaps?

I turned off auto fold straight away. The mirrors end up creaking and misbehaving anyway.

Others have noticed that remote heat might stop them working too. There seems to be all manner of random reasons why they don't work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone noticed a quirk where the window mirrors do not unfoldon unlocking if you have something in the 12 volt lighter socket?

I've been wondering why they don't automatically unfold until i decided in keeping with the spirit of the cars complete randomness to try unplugging the usb charger, and hey presto automatic unfolding mirrors.
Yes!! I've got this problem as well. I've just been to check and you are correct, if I unplug the USB charger they unfold correctly, if I plug it back in then they stop!! How weird as there is only a small LED to power on the charger!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my 2020 40kwh leaf a couple of days ago. I have a usb converter in the 12v socket and it's running the dash cam. No issues with the mirrors not folding.
Maybe it's a 12v battery issue?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I'm had x4 Leafs now and they've all had variants of this issue. Maybe it is something to do with power drain or electrical noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Mines been in twice for the same concern on the near side, its back soon for the creaking mirror on the driver side and they are going to do a more detailed investigation. My bet is a dodgy relay.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have just bought a 2020 Leaf 40 and observed the mirrors sometimes don't unfold when starting the car. We have a 12v USB charger permanently plugged into the outlet so not sure if that's the problem.

One possible connection to the issue is that they don't seem to unfold automatically when the car preheats on battery only. If you press manual unfold button they than work. This is the only time I have seen the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 62KWh e+ Tekna Pearl Black
1 Posts
Hi All

I have a 2020 62 and have had a 40

If you pre heat/cool the car using the app (if it works lol)
The mirrors do not unfold
I have tested this and I can confirm it happens every time if the heating/cooling is on before you get in the car they will not unfold
Both the 40 and the 62 do it

I have had a Dashcam plugged into the 12v socket all the time, so I’m definitely sure it’s not that causing it

Do you use the scheduled/app based heating cooling?

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's only happened a couple of times so not entirely sure that the pre heat theory had not been proved repeatable yet. Every time it did happen I activated the pre heat from the app and not timer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
It is def related to pre-heat. I've never seen it happen if I haven't used pre-heat. In my current 40kWh, only the passenger side is impacted. It may well also be something to do with current draw, as I have a dash cam in the 12v socket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts