Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their wing mirror fail to retract? All doors are working, car drives, turns on and off fine.

Will forcing them out cause permanent damage?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Has anyone had their wing mirror fail to retract? All doors are working, car drives, turns on and off fine.

Will forcing them out cause permanent damage?
There was a known driver's door wiring loom fault with 2019/early 2020- may possibly be that.

As far as damage from moving the mirrors? I can't see why it would cause any problems: they are designed to be bumped by passing pedestrians etc.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,284 Posts
Can you make them fold in and out by pressing the mirror adjuster? It pushed in like a button to retract/fold out the mirrors when the car is on/stationary. If that works I'd check in the menus, you've probably turned the feature off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys the issue was the mirrors were in the closed position, how they are when the car is locked... I was afraid to force them back incase it damaged the motor (whatever it is) that tucks in and pushes the mirrors back out.

I was at a charging station with a long drive home (excellent station BTW... maybe 6 rapids and dozens if fast - all free to use), in the end a council worker disconnected the 12v battery for me and it sorted the issue.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think a small spanner for disconnecting the 12V battery is pretty much essential equipment.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think a small spanner for disconnecting the 12V battery is pretty much essential equipment.
Literally the first thing I done after getting home (even before the cuppa) put a spanner in my glove box

·
Zoe Devotee
9,284 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Maxit

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Chogging is Chinese for Dogging!
Not a million miles off :LOL: the locals at the charge station I was stranded at seem to have themselves a "charge party" every Thursday night (don't be deceived by the photo... it came with small print 😅)

Vertebrate Mammal Font Gas Poster

·
Zoe Devotee
9,284 Posts
Not a million miles off :LOL: the locals at the charge station I was stranded at seem to have themselves a "charge party" every Thursday night (don't be deceived by the photo... it came with small print 😅)

View attachment 149558
Didn't you hear? This is one of the new SWARCO fringe benefits. First they f*cked your network now they're coming to f*ck you too. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All in jest, they just temporarily broke the network, we don't know how temporarily because we are still in the eye of that storm but when its fixed it'll be sweet..... we hope. The only folk being f*cked are the councils (or tax payers however you look at it) having to give out free charging again.

• Haha
Reactions: Maxit
1 - 11 of 11 Posts